Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:51 am by Jwils2710

» Pep’s at it again
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Do we really need Cavani??? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Do we really need Cavani???

+3
skyblueoz
Jordan
Topdawg
7 posters

Go down

Do we really need Cavani??? Empty Do we really need Cavani???

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:33 am

Serious question folks. Do we REALLY need Cavani?

Yes, we'd all want him but, looking at our set up and his cost, do we really need to spend £50M+ on him?

With all the attacking midfielders/wingers we now have (and maybe Isco coming as well) we could end up like Spain or Barca and play with only one out and out striker. It hasn't done them too much harm and we could follow suit.

If you are perming your attacking 6 from Navas, Yaya, Isco, Silva, Nasri, Fernandinho, Rodwell, Milner, Aguero and Tevez, then we'll play lots more tippy tappy football but at a higher tempo with more movement. We don't really need a big man up top as we'll be creating so many chances we should be walking the ball in. Didn't Spain play with Fabregas as a token lone striker at the last Euros for some matches?

Maybe knowing that Madrid wanted Cavani and Isco made us push them to actually having to pay the release clause for Cavani making the additional purchase of Isco unaffordable. If that was our strategy (and it works) hats off to the brains that came up with that. I couldn't really see us getting Navas, Fernandinho, Isco and Cavani. That would have cost the best part of £120M+ which seems to much with all this FFP on the horizon.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Do we really need Cavani??? Empty Re: Do we really need Cavani???

Post by Jordan Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:38 am

I think we still need an out and out goalscorer. Aguero and Tevez drop too deep for my liking, Silva can't shoot for toffe and Navas' stats hardly scream 15-20 goals a season.

I think with Aguero and a true striker leading the line we will be lethal.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:25 pm

yes we need him the deal will only be 30 million as we bagged 20 for Balotelli without re using that money. He is an out and out goal poacher something we seriously lacked last season. How many bloody chances did we see go begging last season when it looked easier to score?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 21, 2013 4:38 pm

If you are talking about balancing the books, then it won't be too bad as I guess Dzeko would go if Cavani came. Balotelli and Dzeko in total should bring in over £40M and their combined salaries should be more than Cavani would get paid.

I think we are going more for creativity than goal scoring with our transfers so far.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:58 pm

If Madrid can't stump up the cash then it'll be a shoot out between City and Chelsea, but with that rampant ego Dino DeLboy at Napoli, acting like an arrogant knob, is it no wonder we're " walking away" from it?
Still plenty of time to see how it all pans out, let Manny and the boys sort it out, I'm quite confident they'll find the solution
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Norfolk Blue Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:04 pm

BBC are reporting City have refused to pay the £53/£54 million.    Don't care what anyone says - no footballer is worth that sort of money.   I sincerely hope that the Italian spiv gets his fingers burned.
Norfolk Blue
Norfolk Blue
New Signing
New Signing

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:35 pm

I would much prefer to see what Pellegrini can get out of Dzeko. He was clearly less than enamoured with Mancini and with some actual service from Navas and already up to speed with the premier league would be my preferred striker in the old fashioned centre forward type role
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:50 pm

After last seasons performance, there's def unfinished business for Dzeko, Aguero, Tevez, Nasri, Silva etc... With the addition of Navas and Ferdi, and the possible arrival of Isco, all areas that needed it have been strengthened, Navas will link up with Silva with ease
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jun 22, 2013 11:05 am

Top dawg I appreciate what you are saying about us going for more creativity but as I sais we created more than enough chances but couldn't finish them in some games it was just painfull to watch aguero always slipping silva ,nasri trying the extra pass and dzeko missing from 5 yards  all to often.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:41 am

Seems like someone else "needs" Cavani, if this is true, then that would be a monstrous duo up front, but aren't they the same type of player? 
Seems like a load of bollocks to me
http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/man-utd/transfer-talk/news/report-united-prepare-record-breaking-cavani-bid_90524.html

FOOTBALL
Report: Manchester United prepare record-breaking Edinson Cavani bid
Do we really need Cavani??? Edinson-cavani-napoli
© AP Photos

By Joe Fish, Reporter
Filed: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 01:45 UK
Last Updated: Tuesday, June 25, 2013 at 01:47 UK
Manchester United are reportedly willing to break the £50m barrier to bring Edinson Cavani to Old Trafford as a strike partner for Robin van Persie.

New Red Devils manager David Moyes has turned to theNapoli marksman after missing out on primary forward targets Radamel Falcao and Robert Lewandowski.

Chelsea and Manchester City are also thought to be interested in Cavani, but United's cross-city neighbours have apparently been put off by the Uruguayan's £54m asking price.

According to The Mirror, the Premier League champions are willing to meet that figure, a potential transfer that would put into further doubt the future of Wayne Rooney.

Rooney has requested to leave Manchester this summer, and although Moyes hopes to persuade the England international to stay, a move for Cavani could strain his relationship with the club beyond repair.
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Bewar3them00n Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:43 am

Looks like Chelsea are going to land him!

Chelsea agree deal for Cavani - report
June 25, 2013

By ESPN staff

Napoli have reportedly accepted a €58million offer for striker Edinson Cavani to join Chelsea, Radio Marte revealed on Monday night.

Do we really need Cavani??? Edinsoncavaninapolisalutefans_275x155
APCavani looks set to move to the Premier League

Radio Marte, Napoli's official radio station, made a statement citing a "very reliable source" who confirmed a deal has been struck to send Cavani to Stamford Bridge for €8.5m a season.
The statement read: "We have received news in the office from a very reliable source that Napoli have sealed a deal with Chelsea for Cavani's sale.
"Rafa Benitez also gave the all-clear, but before making the move official Napoli want to secure the striker who will replace Il Matador.
"Aurelio De Laurentiis' club will pick up around €58m, a slight discount on the buy-out clause, which is the same situation as Ezequiel Lavezzi to PSG last year. The player will earn €8.5m per season plus image rights."
Reports on Saturday suggested Real Madrid were the frontrunners for Cavani's signature after Manchester City refused to pay the release clause demanded by Napoli.
But Chelsea could finalise the deal in the coming weeks, provided Benitez can find a suitable replacement for Cavani.

http://espnfc.com/news/story?id=1484245&cc=5739#
Bewar3them00n
Bewar3them00n
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:45 am

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2013/jun/24/isco-manchester-city-real-madrid

If Pellegrini ain't that bothered, then that'll do for me. Bollocks to um!
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:58 am

Chealsea would have Lukaku, Schürrle, Torres, Ba and Cavani.

They would have spent the best part of £70M on the two new strikers. To help balance their books, I reckon someone has to leave and if they can get £20M for Torres, he should be the one to go.

If they get Cavani, Chelsea will be a much greater force next year with attacking players to include Mata, Hazard, Oscar, Cavani, Schürrle, Lukaku, Moses, Ramires and some decent looking youngsters.

I still think we need to improve again over what we have and what we have already bought this summer.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down