Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptyYesterday at 4:13 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread

3 posters

Go down

The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread Empty The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:26 am

The years of 3rd rate  fuckwits being given the managers role has made it far easier for us as City fans to accept incompetence and shrug our collective shoulders. Many say Stuart Pearce's reign was the worst,for me it's Frank Clark or maybe Alan Ball but throw in Allisons second coming and we have cause for debate.
However,given the incredible disparity in resources,it's impossible to know how they would've fared with Pellegrinis squad,best guess would be probably not too dissimilar which is a damning indictment on the passionless and tactical oasis that we currently have steering the rudderless ship.
Perhaps he deserves a pass on the dreadful transfer policy because I suspect it' doesn't have much to do with him but we now have a squad utterly bereft of confidence,playing without any real commitment and a turgid brand of football that is beginning to mirror pellegrinis personality.

Manmanagement is what he's heralded as being the main man for,which we thought was just what we needed after Mancinis dressing room meltdowns.But like Mancini,who also was very fortunate to get a title handed to him from a team choking,these players aren't putting it all in for him,I don't think they believe in him. Take last weeks chelsea game,barring Clichy our standout players were probably Sagna,Milner and Navas.
All 3 were dropped,what signal does that send out to the squad?
Surely Sagna deserves a run when Zabaleta has been dreadful all season?
Milner gets treated like a twat,I'm not surprised he's not signed a contract

Only one man I want to see in the managers chair next season and that is Patrick Vieira
And the sooner the Barca duo fuck off with Pellegrini the better,

Kneejerk? Possibly but I believe given a similar scenario to Pellegrini,Sam Allardyce would've done a far better job
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread Empty Re: The Kneejerk Pellegrini out thread

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:23 am

Hear hear
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:51 am

Totally agree the man is clueless.

Dodgy 'Arry is available, he would do a better job than This Engineer.

What's even more galling is possibly the worst Rag team in 20 years with an absolute clown as a manager will only be a win behind us if they get a result today. I would sack MP for that fact alone.

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:53 am

Well said Paul.

I've tried to hold back for a while now on calling for the Manager to go, but after yesterday, I saw not only poor man management, I witnessed something at 14:05 that left me feeling anything other than bemusement...the team sheet.

The very fact that we were at home to one of the bottom teams who had no strikers in their team, this Manager decided to play with 2 DMF's...that was bad enough, but scrolling down further I see Dzeko, but cannot see a Navas or Milner. So he picked 2 strikers, but no natural width. Behind them he expected Silva and Nasri to provide the width...leaving the centre of our formation being run by Fernandinho - baffling?

I agree, even with this team, we should have shown far more effort than was on display yesterday in that first half. Andy Hinchcliffe was providing the commentary on the stream I was watching and even he said "I really don't know why they are so slow and lacking pace". This is completely unacceptable. You can understand if passes go astray or give away free kicks is you are moving the ball at pace and energy - but we were giving it away from a standstill. 

For some time now I've believed that Viera should be in position to take this team forward. I don't believe in this nonsense of "holistic" approach...it's just a corporate buzz word created to explain away why we sign poor quality players at premium prices and don't promote from within.

I watched him on the side yesterday during the first half - and after 15 mins, we all could see the team shape was all wrong...but he didn't do anything about it. There's no excuse to not try and change it, even if you don't want to make a sub.

He could easily have put Dzeko up top with Aguero wide right, Nasri wide left, Silva in behind. Or any other formation you wish try, but he didn't - he did what he always does....just waits and waits and waits some more until half time to change it - and that was a surprise he did as he normally waits until 60 mins.

The fact TLMLF is away in the Poxy-Con is one thing, but we can't rely on one player...especially one who'll probably be gone in the summer.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:04 am

Just watching Goals on Sunday and John Barnes summed us up.

He said: "the problem is that Jose Mourinho won't allow Chelsea to drop their intensity and won't allow poor performances against poor teams, Manuel Pellegrini doesn't seem to be able to do that".
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down