Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptyYesterday at 11:22 am by TMG

» Pep’s at it again
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed.

4 posters

Go down

A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. Empty A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed.

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:14 am

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2944946/Thousands-British-Muslims-protest-against-Charlie-Hebdo-magazine-publishing-cartoons-Prophet-Mohammed.html

Amazing...if we were to go and demonstrate against the banking industry, and we decided to clamber around and on a National monument, the Police would physically remove us if we didn't move when asked to.

Amazing...they protest about Charlie Hebdo and the cartoons of the prophet Mohammed being offensive to their religion, but can I ask what's on the banner being held by a kid, stood on the monument of Montgomery in central London, United Kingdom?

A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. 25782FDD00000578-2944946-Muslims_scaled_the_statue_of_Viscount_Alanbrooke_a_Second_World_-a-66_1423424843674
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. Empty Re: A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed.

Post by leopold Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:25 am

"Jesus and Moses were Prophets of Islam"

Not that it matters.  I have to laugh for a moment at the massive irony that they are using their freedom of speech to protest against... freedom of speech!

And then laughed even more at the placard, "Learn some manners".  Really?  We let you into our country, we leave you to practice whatever religion you like, including handing over land for your mosques, we don't bitch and moan when you don't bother to learn our language or attempt to integrate or adopt our customs or laws, and now we have to sit here and watch you calling US rude??  How hilarious!

And then there's the thing about them protesting HERE about Charlie Hebdo, which isn't here at all, it's in France.  Wouldn't that be like protesting against government cuts by going to Poland?  Or teachers coming out on strike against the latest pay rise by all sodding off to Mongolia?

And then I got pissed off, because this is really just one more slight against the way we live our lives.

There's a simple answer to this:  If you don't like the way this country runs, then don't fucking live in it.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed. Empty Re: A Peaceful Protest? Really...just because nobody was killed.

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:31 am

Well done Prince Charles:

Prince Charles risked provoking a new political and religious storm yesterday when he said Muslims living in the UK should follow British values.

In a staunch defence of Britain's 'Christian standpoint,' he denounced the radicalisation of young Britons by Islamic fanatics and said they should show more respect to 'the values we hold dear'.

People who had 'come here, were born here or go to school here' should 'abide by our values,' he said. His comments were made as he started a six-day tour of the Middle East, seen as another stage in assuming more of the Queen's international duties.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:38 am

Bit of a risky stance to take when you're in the Middle East!  

But yes, he's absolutely right.  And I'd go as far as to say that should apply to anyone who expatriates, including all those British retirees in Spain.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:53 am

Totally agree.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:55 am

Does that mean I have to speak French now?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:57 am

Topdawg wrote:Does that mean I have to speak French now?
Oui
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:04 pm

Merde...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:14 pm

By allowing these fuck nuggets to carry on openly promoting violence and bigotry on our streets, with no legal ramifications, the bed-wetters in Parliament are storing up a lot of resentment within the wider community.
Their inaction today is going to cause a hell of a lot of trouble in the future.
I am far from a violent person, but images like this make my blood boil.
These bastards are trying to drag this country into the dark ages, and I for one wish they'd all fuck off.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:01 pm

Your last comment there TBM.....

These bastards are trying to drag this country into the dark ages

If you've ever watched the film Body of Lies with Di Caprio and Russel Crowe which was filmed in 2007, you would have heard Crowe's line at the beginning of the film playing Hoffman, a CIA Head of Middle East Stations when he says:

"Do we belong there or do we not? It doesn't matter how you answer that as we are there, we're tired and we don't see the end.

We can't even console ourselves with the fact our enemy are as tired as we are. Because they're not. It's a fallacy that a prolonged war will weaken an enemy. It most likely will make your enemy stronger.

They get used to deprivation and they adapt and respond accordingly. While here at home, every death reported, we have to deal with the public opinion trajectory that slides rapidly from supportive, to negative to down right hostile.

Despite the fact we have markedly increased our operational intensity, we're not seeing any progress.

What we're dealing with here, is potentially a global conflagration that requires constant diligence in order to suppress it.

Our enemy have realised they are fighting guys from the future. It's brilliant as it is infuriating. If you live like it's the past, and you behave like it's the past, then guys from the future find it very hard to see you. 

You throw away your cell phones, shut down your email, pass all your instructions face to face, hand to hand. Turn your back on technology and just disappear into the crowd. No flags, no uniform...we just have the basic boots on the ground asking "who the hell are we fighting?" And in a situation like this, your friends dress like your enemies and your enemies dress like your friends.

These people do not want to negotiate. Not at all. They want the universal caliphate to cross the face of the earth and they want every infidel converted or dead. See, what's changed is our allegedly unsophisticated enemy has cottoned on to the factually unsophisticated truth...we're an easy target. And our world as we know it, is a lot simpler to put an end to than you and I think.

We take our foot off the throat of this enemy for one minute...and our world changes completely."

I guess whoever wrote this at the time saw what was coming.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:38 pm

That's quite chilling mate.
There is a whole lot of sense in that.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:10 pm

Chilling? Fact is..it's pretty frightening and the solution isn't an easy one.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:58 am

Chilling, as in it chilled me to my bones!
I fear the situation is going to get a whole lot worse before it starts to get any better.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:34 am

Sorry mate, wasn't questioning you....maybe should have been a ! rather than a ?. Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down