Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 14 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 14 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach

+3
Paulpowersleftfoot
TMG
blueboy
7 posters

Go down

Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach Empty Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 26, 2015 2:17 pm

http://news.sky.com/story/1508894/tunisia-gunmen-attack-two-tourist-hotels

This was warned about two weeks ago - including Turkey.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach Empty Re: Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach

Post by TMG Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:19 pm

Im off to Turkey for 5 weeks on Sunday pale
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach Empty Re: Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:09 pm

Sorry mate. We had warning within the aviation community that Tunisia and Turkey 'could' be potential targets.

The FCO also issued a warning.

I'm sure within Turkey, you'll be OK in certain parts - but as you probably already know, ISIS use Turkey as a gateway for new recruits.

It's all shit - and these countries should be doing more.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:49 pm

My friends at Thomson are doing rescue flights tonight to bring home passengers from Tunisia. Guess that means if you know anyone who 'was' going, they won't be now.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:06 pm

Wouldn't dream of going anywhere like Tunisia Turkey or Egypt.would never feel safe
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jun 26, 2015 9:53 pm

My wife wanted to go to Turkey this summer so that's not going to happen now.

I think they even turned an aircraft on it's way to Tunisia back.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:16 pm

Well Im about 900 miles from the Syrian border on the West coast of Turkey & I reckon after today there's more chance of sumthing happening elsewhere in Europe than on a Turkish beach full of muslims. Hopefully nothing will happen anywhere though
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:19 am

jeez I hope not tmg the sad thing is now you will be going on holiday which, i'm sure is a well earned break, with what has just happened in the back of your mind,. I do hope you can fully relax and enjoy.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:09 am

TMG wrote:Well Im about 900 miles from the Syrian border on the West coast of Turkey & I reckon after today there's more chance of sumthing happening elsewhere in Europe than on a Turkish beach full of muslims. Hopefully nothing will happen anywhere though

I'm sure everything will be fine. Enjoy!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:19 am

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Wouldn't dream of going anywhere like Tunisia Turkey or Egypt.would never feel safe

Always said I would never go back to Egypt after a friend and colleague Karina Turner, her mother and her 5 year old daughter were massacred in a temple in Luxor in 1997.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:59 pm

Sorry to hear about that Bluey. I have been just the once when my wife went with work and never felt comfortable away from the hotel.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:19 pm

I was actually in Florida doing the Childflight Charity trip we did every year - taking a load of sick children to Disney/Epcot/Universal etc...and got a call from the base Captain to tell us she'd been killed.

Turned on the news immediately, to the sounds of gunshots and the unfolding scene. I only flew with her 2 days prior. Beautiful/stunning girl.

Vowed never to return - and haven't.

I turned down some work last year in Egypt solely on principle.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:26 pm

sad thing is that you can be totally innocent enjoying yourself but terrorists don't discriminate between civilians ,soldiers, politicians etc etc everybody is a target & their acts are usually totally random. Their mentality is totally beyond my comprehension of normality.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:34 pm

What they did to her, her mother and her 5 yr old child will live with me forever. Horrendous and heinous acts - that the Egyptian government said didn't happen.

The very very sad thing about this was that their bodies and others got mixed up and ended up in Germany, ready for burial. Took some sorting to organise them to be flown back to the UK.

Very very sad.

3 generations of a family wiped out by 'religious' beliefs...just like Tunisia yesterday.

Religion has a bloody lot to answer for.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:35 pm

I don't think any rational human can even get close to comprehending what goes through their minds. I can understand some stuff that would make people angry but not so that they'd go off and do something crazy like this.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:36 pm

There's no religion involved with what these people do. It's just a smokescreen that they feel they can hide behind to legitimise what they do.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:39 pm

If not religion, how on earth can 'legitimacy' come into it?

Other than that - it's just pure evil.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:03 pm

I'm guessing they need to feel that what they are doing is right, to somehow legitimise, in their minds, the evil that they are perpetrating.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:20 pm

Too often, as you said, they use religion as an excuse.

Such a sad world where one or two 'supposed' men, can do this to innocent women and children.

Some religious leaders need to step up to the plate and denounce the barbarity of these people using their faith as some excuse.

What they don't realise, is that it only makes us more resolute and anti-Islam....which 20 years ago, we wouldn't give two shits about.

Big shame.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:22 pm

The religious leaders denouncing the barbarity of these people won't stop their like from doing it again. I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:37 pm

Maybe you're right....so the only option is war and to send the serious 'bombers' in, with the 'drones' and our special forces, para's and marine's........just obliterate ISIS on the ground in Iraq, Syria, etc..but as we know, this will NOT stop until we start another Afghanistan/Iraq.

Problem is, the USA haven't been targeted by ISIS.....so they couldn't give a shit, until it affects them...and with the last Labour government cuts on our troops, we don't have enough troops to send in....but I'd still get boots on the ground and sort these fuckers out once and for all....and show the right wing Quaran interpreting fuckers that we mean business.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:40 am

I'm off to Turkey in 4wks (25th July) and there's no-way I'm gonna cancel it or even think about not going (infact I've just sorted my insurance out this morn)....If your numbers up, it's up is my philosophy.

It's truly awful what's happened in Tunisia...and it does make you think about things, but you can't hide away and become a hermit (so to speak).

As blue said, warnings were sent out before this happened...think IS said things could happen during the month of Ramadan. We and the rest off the world need to get together and wipe IS out, they cannot be allowed to continue their barbaric killings.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:00 am

BRITISH intelligence chiefs have warned holidaymakers it would be “utter madness” to travel to North Africa.

A senior source said Islamic State terrorists and al-Qaeda killers now have a foothold in every country in the region.
He said terror cells were operating in both Morocco and Tunisia, two countries popular with British tourists.
And he said our intelligence agencies had been aware for months that countries across North Africa had lost control of their borders.
He said that Tunisia, like most of the few politically stable countries in the region, “had no real understanding of the terrorist threat in their country”.
And he added that intelligence agencies in most of the countries were geared up to keep their governments in power rather than to prevent terrorist attacks.
He said: “It is utter madness that Britons are going on holiday to places like Tunisia. Even before this attack these were dangerous places.
“Tunisia has borders with Algeria and Libya – two of the world’s most dangerous places.
“Anarchy reigns in Libya, it is a failed state. There is no law and order and IS has embedded itself within the country. There is nothing to prevent IS terrorists driving across the border into Tunisia and carrying out an attack.
“Tunisia is a country in turmoil. It has an ineffective and corrupt police force and security system.
“Everyone in the western intelligence community has known for at least a year that nowhere is safe in North Africa. There is a very real risk of terrorist attack in every country. It was only a matter of time before Tunisia was targeted again because it is popular with western holiday makers.”
Despite the warnings, hundreds of holidaymakers were looking to snap up cheap trips to Tunisia in the wake of Friday’s devastating terror attack.
Travel website Expedia reported hundreds of searches for flights and hotel deals to Sousse and the Port El Kantaoui resort.
Some hotels were advertising sales and discounts, although it was not clear if these were introduced as a result of Friday’s atrocities or if they had already existed. And despite some travel companies cancelling flights to Tunisia for the next week, there were many still on offer with other firms yesterday.
Some people took to social media expressing their desire to get their hands on a bargain ticket.
Twitter user @HaMaPeSh wrote: “Wonder if I could get a cheap Tunisia deal. Lightning rarely strikes twice in the same place.”
Another person on the site, @Li0nhead, said: “Going to be some bargain Tunisia holidays soon. Perfect time to book as security will be so tight and prices so cheap.”
In addition to its advice on the current situation in Tunisia, the Foreign Office website warned there was a “high” threat from terrorism in the country, including kidnapping.
Britain has offered help to countries in the area and has more than 100 troops currently serving on operations in the region, including bomb disposal experts who train government troops.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:18 pm

Arrived in Turkey yesterday
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:28 pm

I'm sure it'll be fine - I guess the Police will be on high alert.

Just shows, an attack like this can ruin a countries economy.

Have a great time! Where about's are you staying?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:36 pm

As Den says if they're gonna do it they're gonna do it
Can't live in fear or ud never leave the house
I cd be wrong but I really can't see IS wanting to piss off the Turks Any attack on a beach where Im staying about an hour S of Bodrum
would almost certainly kill Turkish Muslims as 90% of people on the beach are Turkish tourists

We should smash the fuck of out of IS
Send in a massive UN or world army and obliterate the fuckas Surely the vast majority of the world wd support us
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:46 pm

Brits and Germans killed in terrorist attack on Tunisian beach 11707774_10155944936760019_3136362014315465402_n

Another real hero of the Tunisian attack was this man, Moncef Mayel, a 56 yr old builder. He floored the gunman by throwing floor tiles at him from a roof terrace. The few moments whilst the gunman recovered his senses and scrambled to his feet bought precious time for those fleeing and allowed the police to locate his whereabouts. Asked why he did it he said, 'It was my duty as a Muslim.' There is very little mention of him on the mainstream media (maybe because 'good' Muslims aren't fashionable).

Agree though, send in as many forces as possible and destroy them.

The atrocities they are committing are as bad as Rwanda - talk about genocide.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Jun 29, 2015 9:22 pm

Maybe when they are disrupting the oil supplies, armies will go in...
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:46 pm

blueboy wrote:Too often, as you said, they use religion as an excuse.
Absolutely. So much atrocity is, and always has been, perpetrated in the name of religion. I don't think a single one can lay claim to being absolutely peaceful (and apparently Buddhism isn't counted as a religion by Buddhists themselves, before anyone mentions it).

Topdawg wrote:The religious leaders denouncing the barbarity of these people won't stop their like from doing it again. I don't think it makes any difference whatsoever.
No, it doesn't, because the nutters causing the problem believe they are in the right and if their religious leaders denounce them, they just say, "These so called leaders are weak!" and just carry on regardless.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Jun 29, 2015 11:55 pm

blueboy wrote:Maybe you're right....so the only option is war and to send the serious 'bombers' in, with the 'drones' and our special forces, para's and marine's........just obliterate ISIS on the ground in Iraq, Syria, etc..but as we know, this will NOT stop until we start another Afghanistan/Iraq.
This won't work. As has been seen on countless other occasions, blowing up stuff usually results in the release of pictures of dead kids when we've destroyed what we thought was an outpost, but turned out to be a school. And all this does is make the Muslim community who thought ISIS were being pricks think, "You know, they might just have a point about these Westerners..." And once that happens, we're all fucked. We can't target every Muslim area and blow it up, because there'd be fuck all left of the planet.

What we actually need to do is place sanctions on these countries. Place them on an International trade embargo. Cut them off at the knees. And I know this will cause an outcry as well, possibly even some wet Liberal types going, "Oh, we can't POSSIBLY offend the Muslims!" But it's been done to Cuba and South Africa and no doubt other places. Just cut them off and see what happens when nobody can come or go and there's nothing being shipped in. The Governments will soon hand over the perps.

blueboy wrote:Problem is, the USA haven't been targeted by ISIS.....so they couldn't give a shit, until it affects them...
I'd not want them involved anyway. Their record in killing civilians is overshadowed only by their ability to kill their allies. I've said it before, we should make an enemy of the US as our soldiers would be far safer!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:03 am

Why do some people do this stuff?

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:21 am

Enjoy Tony, won't mention it's crackin the flags over here.....shit Laughing Laughing Laughing
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 30, 2015 8:40 am

Cracking flags....it's 39 degrees this week in paris Shocked affraid
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Jun 30, 2015 9:15 am

Now that's warm Dawg......it supposed to be 27deg in Manc today n over 30 tomorrow.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:12 am

It's 30 already in Manc today. Beginning to regret going in the office!
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:39 am

blueboy wrote:What they did to her, her mother and her 5 yr old child will live with me forever. Horrendous and heinous acts - that the Egyptian government said didn't happen.

The very very sad thing about this was that their bodies and others got mixed up and ended up in Germany, ready for burial. Took some sorting to organise them to be flown back to the UK.

Very very sad.

3 generations of a family wiped out by 'religious' beliefs...just like Tunisia yesterday.

Religion has a bloody lot to answer for.

A templar never forgets???

Sorry to hear about your colleague and friend Bluey. What those bastards did in Luxor was plain wrong and barbaric. This video is not a remembrance or tribute to them.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:07 am

No, but it's the only video around which shows who they were.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:10 am

The Foreign and Commonwealth Office has issued a warning that Tunisia, Turkey and Egypt all have areas of high risk for tourists.
And Morocco is subject to a "general warning" of possible dangers.
Security experts fear that ISIS commanders are training a legion of "baby bombers" in camps in Libya, Syria and Iraq.
They warn the brain-washed kids could be drugged before being sent to blow themselves up at popular seaside resorts after slipping through the tight security cordons that have been thrown around hotel complexes.
Terrorism lecturer Nasser Kataw revealed: "Isis will stop at nothing to bring more death and destruction.
"They will want to replicate what happened in Tunisia in other places where there are many Westerners."
ISIS leaders have previously released chilling pictures of two youngsters preparing to carry out so-called martyrdom missions.
The duo – dubbed "Cubs of the Caliphate" by ISIS – were supposedly trained in combat at special camps for children.
One disturbing set of photos shows a boy aged around 14 dressed in a suicide vest and showing a defiant single-finger salute, a gesture that there is one god, Allah.
Another lad of a similar age is shown making the same gesture while standing in front of the regime’s black flag.
Suicide bombers are often given anti-depressants so they do not back out of their lethal missions.
It is estimated that ISIS recruiting sergeants are signing up around 300 children a month to join in weapons training and bomb-making at their Osama bin Laden camp near Raqqa.
Families desperate for food are prepared to "sell" their children to the terror group, said Prof Aymenn Jawad Al-Tamimi, of Israel's Hertzliya University.
ISIS provide the children with clothing, housing and meals in exchange for their allegiance on the battlefield.

FCO Website:
The Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advise against all travel to within 10 km of the border with Syria.
The FCO advise against all but essential travel to:

• the remaining areas of Sirnak, Mardin, Sanliurfa, Gaziantep, Kilis and Hatay provinces
  • Siirt, Tunceli and Hakkari provinces.

Over 2,500,000 British nationals visit Turkey every year. Most visits are trouble-free.
There is a high threat from terrorism in Turkey and there are active terrorist groups throughout the country. These include domestic religious extremist and ideological groups, and international groups involved in the conflict in Syria. Attacks could be indiscriminate and could affect places visited by foreigners.
The terrorist group DHKP-C (Revolutionary People’s Liberation Party Front) has launched a series of attacks in Istanbul in 2015 targeting the Turkish police and judiciary. On 5 June, two people were killed and many injured by an explosion at an HDP rally in Diyarbakir. On 9 June, 4 people were killed in an attack in Diyarbakir. You should exercise caution.
Border crossings into Syria and nearby locations have also been targeted. On 16 September 2014, there was a car bomb explosion near a garage in Al-Salameh, Syria, 1km south of the Bab Al-Salameh border crossing point between Turkey and Syria . See Terrorism and the FCO’s travel advice forSyria.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:13 am

And in Tunisia:

More than 1,300 extra cops were ordered to guard buildings in the resort of Sousse after ISIS nut Seifeddine Rezqui went on a machine gun rampage and killed 38 tourists and locals a week ago before being shot.
Some of the 30 British victims' bodies have been repatriated and more are due to be flown home.
Workplaces, shopping centres and train stations will fall silence for a national minute of silence at noon today to remember the victims.
Najem Gharsalli, the North African country's interior minister, visited Sousse yesterday to inspect the bolstering of security – and discovered a distinct lack of extra manpower.
"We had agreed to protect the beaches," he is quoted as telling an aide during the walkabout.
"Where are the agents tasked with security on the beaches?
"Where are they? Are they having a coffee?"
In the afternoon after his visit hotels did report seeing a heavier armed police presence.
"They have added one policeman to guard the entrances of the hotels and have groups of policemen patrolling the beaches," a member of hotel staff said.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Jul 03, 2015 11:28 am

Travel alerts in a few countries from my wife's employers - Saudi Arabia, France, Kuwait
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Jul 25, 2015 10:43 am

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down