Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 8 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 8 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptyToday at 12:52 pm by titbumwilly

» Have it - Four in a row
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Bild report that Gundogan has signed a .......

5 posters

Go down

Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... Empty Bild report that Gundogan has signed a .......

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:15 am

5 year contract with City - 30m euros.

Last edited by blueboy on Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:17 am; edited 1 time in total
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... Empty Re: Bild report that Gundogan has signed a .......

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:16 am

Manchester City have reached an agreement with Borussia Dortmund midfielder Ilkay Gundogan according to German media outlet ​Bild.

While the Citizens have yet to finalize a fee with Borussia Dortmund, Gundogan is expected to be Pep Guardiola's maiden signing when he takes over at the Etihad in the summer.

The Germany international is under contract at Dortmund until the end of next season and has been linked with a move abroad for over a year, since his last contract extension when he was heavily linked with a transfer to Manchester United.

However, Bild report that it is United's local rivals who have landed the 25-year-old and for a reported fee of around €30m.

Signing Gundogan certainly fits the bill for a Guardiola type player as the German is capable of controlling the tempo and distributing possession from the base of the midfield.

There remain question marks over his ability to stay fit as he has proven injury prone over the past few years with his most serious injury occurring two years ago.

Gundogan was ruled out for the 2013/14 season with a spinal injury and he has missed 11 games this season alone.

His arrival could spell the end for the likes of Yaya Toure who was also replaced upon Guardiola's appointment as Barcelona manager in 2008.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Bild report that Gundogan has signed a ....... Empty Re: Bild report that Gundogan has signed a .......

Post by shakencity Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:25 am

I don't really know too much about him, but trust Pep to have signed a "good un" here.

One thing that does puzzle me slightly thought is, why have Loserpool never gone after him?

"There remain question marks over his ability to stay fit as he has proven injury prone"

I'm sure he'll fit in well at City then Rolling Eyes
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:01 pm

He's had one or two injury problems, but he's a Fernandinho, mixed with TLMLF's passing skills. Loves to dictate the play, brilliant ball retention and eye for a pass.

I'd still like him to play alongside Pogba with Fernandinho mopping up behind them.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:40 pm

he's been unlucky with injuries otherwise we'd probably have seen, and heard, a lot more about him. I still want Pogba as well or another top top midfielder.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:49 pm

read today that we are prepared to step aside & let real take Pogba in return for a clear run & reasonable fee for Morata. Hope it is not true as I too would far prefer pogba.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:01 pm

Pogba over Morata any day of the week, especially if we knock Real out and they don't win La Liga.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Apr 18, 2016 2:18 pm

Just listening to Andy Brassell the TS European football expert talking about Juve etc....and he said Morata has been incredible this season and a brilliant player for any PL top team.

Can't say I watch Italian football on TV, my lad does and he rates Morata very highly.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:08 pm

blueboy wrote:...since his last contract extension when he was heavily linked with a transfer to Manchester United.
And I'll wager every single rag now says, "We didn't want him anyway."  Razz

The Pogba v Morata question is an interesting one.  I've only seen Pogs and I do rate him as a player, but the question isn't whether he's any good, but if he'd be the right fit for Pep's team.

I would still rather have a balanced team of good players, than a team with a few superstars that can't cut it.  Look at Madrid, they're not crushing everybody even with a team full of galacticos.  Look at PSG.  Look at QPR.  Look at the rags, even; their scattergun approach to signings has left them with a team with three left backs, no defensive midfielder to cover Carrick and almost nothing in the way of strikers.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down