Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 15 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptyToday at 8:12 am by Paulpowersleftfoot

» Pep’s at it again
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did...

+2
ManCityMan
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... Empty We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did...

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:53 am

It amazes me how fans and journalists look at City and their English signings - and basically slate us as a club, saying we don't buy enough English players - and when we do, most of them, their careers are ruined.

This mornings article by Joe Bernstein:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3734549/Can-John-Stones-lift-curse-English-players-Manchester-City-following-47-5m-transfer.html

The article starts with - The Premier League's most expensive defender at £47.5million, John Stones is only the 15th Englishman signed by Manchester City since the club's new owners took over in 2008. 

JOE HART?????
WAYNE BRIDGE - £12m 
GARETH BARRY - £12m - FA Cup and PL Winner
STUART TAYLOR - free 
JOLEON LESCOTT - £22m - 2 PL titles, FA Cup and League Cup winner
ADAM JOHNSON - £7m - PL winner
ALEX HENSHALL - £250k 
JAMES MILNER - £26m - 2 PL titles, League Cup and FA Cup winner
OWEN HARGREAVES - free
JACK RODWELL - £12m
SCOTT SINCLAIR - £6m
RICHARD WRIGHT - free
RAHEEM STERLING - £49m - League Cup winner
FABIAN DELPH - £8m
PATRICK ROBERTS - £11m
JOHN STONES - £47.5m

I don't read or hear of similar articles about United. Why is that? If we go back to 2008 and look at who United, Chelsea, Arsenal and Liverpool have bought who are English, and lets see how they've done:

UNITED

2016-17 - none

2015-16
Regan Poole - who?

2014-15
Luke Shaw - £27m - he's been a roaring success!!

2013-14 - none

2012-13
Nick Powell - £6m and where's he now?

Wilfred Zaha - £15m and we know how that worked out!

2011-12
Phil Jones - £17m and what's happened to him?
Ashley Young - £19m probably say he was a hit for a couple of years

2010-11
Chris Smalling - £11m - hit.

2009-10 
Michael Owen - free  Rolling Eyes

2008-9 - none.

So, during the same period, United signed 8 English players for £76m and out of those, 2 have been successful - Young and Smalling. Shaw may possibly turn out to be decent as well.

That's nearly half the amount of English players than we've signed during the same period.

CHELSEA

Chelsea haven't signed an English player since:

2011-12 - Gary Cahill for £7m and Patrick Bamford for £1.5m. Cahill has worked out - Bamford didn't. 

2009-10 they bought Daniel Sturridge from us for £4m - and that worked out well!!

No other English players have been signed since back in 2006-7 - Ashley Cole and Steve Sidwell.

So, in the same period back to 2008 - Chelsea have signed 3 English players and only one of them in Cahill worked out.

ARSENAL

Arsenal have signed 5 English players over the same period back to 2008.

Rob Holding - £2m
Calum Chambers - £16m
Danny Welbeck - £16m

Carl Jenkinson - free

Joel Campbell - £950k

LIVERPOOL

Liverpool have signed 13 players for approx £145m.

Danny Ings - Tribunal
James Milner - free
Nathaniel Clyne - £12.5m
Adam Lallana - £25m
Daniel Sturridge - £12m
Jordan Ibe - £500k
Jordan Henderson - £16m
Stewart Downing - £20m
Jonjo Shelvey - £1.7m
Joe Cole - free
Paul Konchesky - swap
Andrew Carroll - £35m
Glen Johnson - £17.5m

So....a little impartiality wouldn't go amiss from journalists and as for fans of other clubs - jog on.  Wink

Last edited by blueboy on Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Joe Allen is Welsh!!)
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... Empty Re: We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did...

Post by Guest Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:11 am

Blue that is brilliant, it's down to bitterness it's all I can think?  We were the first team to break into the Sky 4 and they simply cannot forget this.

Back to top Go down

We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did... Empty Re: We've not signed enough English players - and ruined those we did...

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:18 am

Agree....I read it this morning and it really pissed me off, so decided to do some research - as you get this from other fans when you talk to them.

I've had this about Rodwell from an EFC mate, when discussing Stones. "You'll ruin his career like you have with Rodwell and Sinclair".....then this came out this morning - so I thought I'd try and put the record straight.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:58 pm

Idiots will always see only what they want to see. Good post mate.
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:03 pm

Whose career has been ruined? Taylor and Wright came as 3rd choice keepers, not expected to play. Roberts is still U21 and doing well at Celtic. Sterling and Delph have been with us for one season. Hardly failures or ruined. Hargreaves - crock. Rodwell - crock. JoLo, Milner played many times for England whilst at City and won many trophies with us. Sinclair and Bridge were not good enough.

Liverpool have ruined Milner as he's been there a yr and won nothing.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:27 pm

The media hate us, that much should now be hugely apparent. Not one of these idiots have ever taken a step back and realised that the inception of the Premier League has utterly destroyed our country's status as a footballing nation.

We haven't developed a single world class player since the PL started.

We haven't had a single English manager win the PL since it started.

We do have the richest league with an actual competition for the title, rather than the one or two horse races found in other leagues in Europe.

But most interesting of all, the PL was founded 16 years before we got rich. Sixteen. The PL has been destroying English football for three times longer than we allegedly have, so how is this our fault?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Fri Aug 12, 2016 2:40 pm

it's amazing - I was told by my EFC mates - "we used to like you, but now, you're all getting like the Chavs, always bragging"

I said to them - "what, we're not allowed to celebrate success for fear of losing our 'poor man city' title?"

"You only despise our success, not the fans or the club and that says more about where you've been for the past 21 years than it does our fans"...."I think we've paid our dues over the past 30+ years to be able to celebrate our success - bought, as you say, or not"

Really, love us when we're shit - hate us when we win something....the bitterness is overwhelming.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Fri Aug 12, 2016 3:10 pm

Bang on bluey. All these hacks that despise us, do so for one reason: we are stopping their beloved clubs from winning trophies. That's it. Nothing else. If we were still dhit, they'd all have a soft spot for us.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:15 pm

Lazy tossers.
Let them all hate us, I couldn't give a rat's arse about their opinions.
titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:53 am

Well you basically covered everything there blue. Pathetic lazy journalism with no thought for its content.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:54 am

Adam Johnson also fa cup winner.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:52 am

I didn't add Joe Hart's trophies either...
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down