Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 12 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 12 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptyYesterday at 4:13 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
SWP not really worth a place anymore EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

SWP not really worth a place anymore

+7
lee1pen
gratedbean
TMG
Yaya_Nono
Boris
mcfcbrian
michaelcityfan
11 posters

Go down

SWP not really worth a place anymore Empty SWP not really worth a place anymore

Post by michaelcityfan Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:27 pm

Too easily pushed off the ball, his first touch on a pass is often woeful Time to go. Any views?

michaelcityfan
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

SWP not really worth a place anymore Empty Re: SWP not really worth a place anymore

Post by mcfcbrian Sun Mar 13, 2011 7:43 pm

Yep. Agree. He's looking out of his depth too often, even against Championship opposition.
The sooner AJ is back the better.

mcfcbrian
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

SWP not really worth a place anymore Empty Re: SWP not really worth a place anymore

Post by Boris Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:14 pm

He needs a run of games, you can't leave him on the bench for 6 months then expect miracles.
Boris
Boris
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

http://www.pickaweb.co.uk/billing/aff.php?aff=388

Back to top Go down

Post by Yaya_Nono Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:20 pm

The lad should never have gone to Chelsea. That move ruined our Shaun I'm afraid.
Yaya_Nono
Yaya_Nono
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Sun Mar 13, 2011 11:54 pm

He does look out of depth but he offers something more than having Barry, Yaya & DeJong in the midfield. As Inky says give him a few games & he might do something. He's still better than Jo !
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:25 pm

There's no way that he's just gone shit all of a sudden. Same as Milner, he needs games.

Game after game this season we've been crying out for Shauny to add a bit of energy and width.

With better squad utilisation our fringe players wouldn't be so rusty, and we'd be looking a lot less tired in matches than we have done recently.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:28 am

Since he came back the only time he's been anywhere near his old self is when Hughes played him down the middle when he first came back. When he switched him to the wing again then it just didnt happen for him. WE have Silva in that position now but maybe if we rest Silva at times he could fill in there.... then again that would still leave him competeing for that spot with Tevez.

Why didnt Mancicni give him games....because he wasnt good enough....simples
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:11 am

Lee that logic is flawed mate as how does that explain JO, YAYA VIERA and the like?

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

https://606bluemoonlegends.forumotion.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:20 am

Might agree with the Jo one Vince but Yaya and Vieira have both put shifts in over the season, Yaya has put some great performances and scored some good goals when needed as has Vieira....Jo...still think he's been more effective than SWP tbh..not a lot though.

SWP hasnt added to the team, when he comes on he should add a different dynamic Vince...he hasnt. I think one of the disappointments though for me was the understanding between SWP and Richards, this season though Richards has finally moved forward in his development, so much so he doesnt need SWP ahead of him, his fitness is such he can make it back for the whole game.

Sorry but as a winger Chelsea ruined SWP and his dad doesnt do him any favours...probably thats the problem with english managers/players and pundits, they all eat out of the same bowl and loyalties get tangled up with better judgement.
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:14 am

Lee yea I aint neigh saying your point about Sweep being past it.

Just your sweeping statement in regards to why RM gave him games.

Yaya has been awful, lets be realistic, a man who cant run for more than 60mins?? Fucking JOKE.

Veira - fucking spectacularly shit, I cringe when he plays.

Jo - well where do I start?

I reckon Sweep having more games and being generally fitter is always a better option, I fell RM is shoving him out, not just his twat of a dad.

He sounds up for the semi with United, and thats more than I can say for JO, Yaya, or Pat.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by lee1pen Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:19 am

Vince he sounded up for staying with us , he sounded up for fighting for his place at Chelsea, he sounded up about resigning for us....but....

Well lets compare what he could have been, an english Silva, and what he has become, a manipulated want to please look at me player...

I like SWP, I know it doesnt sound like it, but I love his enthusiasm, but it doesnt translate into actual creative play. Now if he'd come back under Sven .....Smile
lee1pen
lee1pen
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:56 am

Haha, we are going around in Sweep circles with this.

Admin
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:52 am

The only way we can use sweep is as an out and out winger with the soul aim of getting to the byline to cross the ball for dzeko to feed off but his crossing would need to drastically improve.For some reason all he ever does is cut inside and lose the ball so he could try the novel idea of beating the fullback with pace and crossing it,you never know this freaky idea might just catch on
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:32 pm

Thought he played well when he came on in the derby last month. He knows what those games are about more than anyone else in that squad so he could be useful in the semi.

Just needs time on the pitch. It must be pretty grim for him to come on for 10mins knowing that he has to do something pretty spectacular or he's going to be bench warming again. Unfortunately it just hasn't come off for him, but I have no doubt that at times this season he would have been an asset in the side - eg Fulham game.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:31 pm

I would suggest that SWP will look back on his career and deeply regret leaving us for Chelsea. That spell has ruined his chance of reaching his full potential, a potential that he will never reach due to the amount of matches that he will play under RM.

He hasnt played lots of matches, but even so, when he has had an opportunity - he hasn't really produced anything worthwhile. He seems to be lacking confidence, he doesn't seem to be able to get past a player.......and all this maybe because he doesn't play in an out-and-out wide position in the current team formation.

He seems to drift infield to allow Micah a run down the right flank - when he does come inside, Tevez, Silva and sometimes Yaya are there, so its a quick lay-off to those players.

Like i said - i don't think he will ever recapture his old form, fullfill his potential or be at City beyond the summer.

He was a greedy, ill-advised boy - that others of his age should learn from.

Granted, we got a very good deal for him both times...............but oh how i bet he regrets his decisions in hindsight when he looks back over his career.

Think he needs another team to give him the oportunity to play in an out-and-out wide position, week-in-week-out...........coz it isn't going to be Man City that can offer him that.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by VegasBlue Tue Mar 15, 2011 5:57 pm

I really am a bit on the fence with this one, when he gets his opportunities he seems to mess them up. He is undoubtably a classy footballer and does deserve a run, maybe he feels he's not getting the chance. I think he listens to his stepdad too much and rubbed people up the wrong way, even so if he was kept to cover for Johnson he hasn't done much covering.
He has lost that bit of flair and looks a bit ordinary, perhaps a move in the winter would have suited him.
A lot of people also gave Lescott a similar hammering, but without him we would be struggling. Lescott is getting better by playing more games, this is what SWP needs but it wont happen at City i'm afraid.

Anyway, Adam Johnson is due back shortly I here. Hope it's in time for both our trips to Wembly.

VegasBlue
Not Really Here
Not Really Here

Back to top Go down

Post by gratedbean Tue Mar 15, 2011 6:02 pm

A move to an improving PL side like Bolton would probably do him good.

RE Lescott. He is improving, but he will only be an average defender. He still balloons it up in the air after winning it, you don't get him starting a move from the back with a clever pass like you do with Vinny. Expect us to sign a top quality CB in summer.
gratedbean
gratedbean
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 15, 2011 10:40 pm

gratedbean - totally agree with your assessment of Lescott - too slow on the ball, no awareness for a pass, poor control - even though his positional play and tackling has improved. Average defender for me.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down