Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 9 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 9 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
what new stuff are you listening to? EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

what new stuff are you listening to?

+3
blueboy
Jordan
Topdawg
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

what new stuff are you listening to? Empty what new stuff are you listening to?

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:35 am

A couple of tracks I'm into at the moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Nis75DAgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKj0Z_Xnjc

PS Had egg and beans for tea last night with lots of toast and lashings of butter.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

what new stuff are you listening to? Empty Re: what new stuff are you listening to?

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:23 pm

A mix of mine I did recently...

https://soundcloud.com/bmz/bmz-november-2013-mix

(None of you will like it)
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

what new stuff are you listening to? Empty Re: what new stuff are you listening to?

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:40 pm

Listened to a couple of minutes, it's ok but sending me to sleep!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:54 pm

Nothing like a bit of constructive criticsm.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:56 pm

Jordan wrote:A mix of mine I did recently...

Bloody hell....that's decent Jordan....like it!afro
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 1:57 pm

19 minutes in so far....for me it's ok as background music but I wouldn't go looking for it.

What did you think of the two songs I stuck up?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:01 pm

I listen to everything and anything....love old skool house classics....back to my Hac days i suppose.

Anything from Dean Martin to Sadao Watanabe, Rod Stewart to The Who.....i'll listen to anything really except pop band crap.

Last album bought was The Artic Monkey's...different to their last one, some decent tracks.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:02 pm

Topdawg wrote:19 minutes in so far....for me it's ok as background music but I wouldn't go looking for it.

What did you think of the two songs I stuck up?
Don't know...still got Jordan's going in my headphones....Razz

Having a look now...but those bloody adverts for NOW 1,078!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:07 pm

I listen to all sorts...last few albums I bought were mostly oldies...

Yazoo, Alison Moyet, FGTH, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, summer slam (dance music compilation from 2013), INXS, MoS 80s anthems.

Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:08 pm

Isn't Vitaa Nasri and Fofana's favourite? Sure I've heard them in interviews mention his name.

As for the track.....nice sounding French bird on vocals...don't like the 'Euro-electro' sound at times....

Stomae.....sounds like Algerian bar music.....not keen. Back to Jordans..Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:15 pm

Vitaa is a burd for starters bluey! I've only listened to a track or two of hers and not overly impressed. This song is with a fella called Maitre Gims. I've also listened to a couple of his tracks and quite like his stuff.

Stromae - never heard of him before this track. Kids absolutely love this song - not just mine, all kids I know. He seems kinda big over here.

Music I can dance to is what I tend to like.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:16 pm

Topdawg wrote:I listen to all sorts...last few albums I bought were mostly oldies...

Yazoo, Alison Moyet, FGTH, Sigue Sigue Sputnik, summer slam (dance music compilation from 2013), INXS, MoS 80s anthems.

INXS....brilliant. Saw them twice in Oz....first in 85 at a charity gig in Sydney..then in 92 at another fund raiser in Sydney. Absolutely superb live.

Actually saw an old concert on BBC4 the other week they performed somewhere in Germany...brilliant.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:19 pm

I like a bit of Placebo, Rammstein, Yello, Talk Talk, tons of 80s pap.

Up to 41 minutes and it has improved somewhat
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:23 pm

Topdawg wrote:A couple of tracks I'm into at the moment...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97Nis75DAgc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiKj0Z_Xnjc
I like the second one better, if I'm honest.  The first one is a bit europop for my tastes.

Jordan wrote:A mix of mine I did recently...

I like this.  Reminds me of the ambient stuff I used to listen to years ago, very mellow.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:24 pm

Topdawg wrote:Vitaa is a burd for starters bluey! I've only listened to a track or two of hers and not overly impressed. This song is with a fella called Maitre Gims. I've also listened to a couple of his tracks and quite like his stuff.

Stromae - never heard of him before this track. Kids absolutely love this song - not just mine, all kids I know. He seems kinda big over here.

Music I can dance to is what I tend to like.
Sorry...wasn't sure who was who....I liked it overall, just always hated 'euro-electric sounds'....by that I mean...I was a teenager in the 80's.....and hated some of the 'keyboard' groups. Yazoo....but loved her voice. Pet Shops Boys...sorry, but hated that sound...and I know some will like them.

At 14/15....I was getting into rap...so no doubt that was why I hated some of those groups at the time.

Saw Prince 3 times in London over a few years - late 80's.....HE, without a shadow of doubt, was the best 'live' performer I've seen. Saw Michael Jackson at Aintree...brilliant live.....supported by Kim Wilde - "get your t*ts out for the lads"...was all that you could hear.

Rod Stewart...live is superb.

Wish I would've seen The Stones......
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:30 pm

I've found I have more time for 80s music now than I did first time around.  My music collection is dominated with compilations of the era, although to be fair they do filter out much of the dross and focus on the decent stuff, my preference being the post punk, new wave and darkwave elements, although some electro did creep in from time to time.

Funny, listening to music now and the genres are all much the same as they were back then.  Where's the innovation?
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:35 pm

leopold wrote:I've found I have more time for 80s music now than I did first time around.  My music collection is dominated with compilations of the era, although to be fair they do filter out much of the dross and focus on the decent stuff, my preference being the post punk, new wave and darkwave elements, although some electro did creep in from time to time.

Funny, listening to music now and the genres are all much the same as they were back then.  Where's the innovation?
Out of interest with that last comment:

Name the different genres and when they were introduced.....just to see how music is cyclic and difficult to come up with new genres.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:35 pm

I playing a 70's disco gig in a couple of month that I'm really excited for, just because I've never had the opportunity to play a full set of it.

I've always been a bit daring a played a bit of Nina Simone - Sinnerman, or some Chic in there, but a full 2 hours of disoc. Can't wait!

Glad you like the mix Blue, it gets heavier as you get into it and a lot more house/techno stuff.

I love my ambient stuff too Leo, Morcheeba - Big Calm was an amazing album. But I really like Nightmares on Wax and the likes. Kind of downtempo, hip hop, ambient stuff. Bliss for when you're hungover.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:36 pm

To start - 50's - Rock n Roll

then go after that..
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:37 pm

And WOW! to seeing Prince. He is one dude I would love to see. I had tickets for Glastonbury last year but when I heard he or Bowie weren't playing I gave them up.

I was expecting Prince, Bowie and Fleetwood Mac - ended up with Mumford and Sons and Rita Ora. What a let down.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:49 pm

blueboy wrote:Name the different genres and when they were introduced.....just to see how music is cyclic and difficult to come up with new genres.
I think we just had a golden era of musical styles borne out of the rock and roll revolution of the late fifties.  From that we got splinters of pop and rock which filtered through the sixties, leading through to disco and punk in the seventies, then all the subcultures in the eighties, drifting into the house/garage/rap/ambient of the nineties.  But it was manufactured pop from the 80s that became the real moneyspinner, which is pretty much where we're at now.  But what never ceases to amuse me is the look on my kids' faces when I spot a riff in something they're listening to and play the song that donated it.

Jordan wrote:I love my ambient stuff too Leo, Morcheeba - Big Calm was an amazing album. But I really like Nightmares on Wax and the likes. Kind of downtempo, hip hop, ambient stuff. Bliss for when you're hungover.
I always listened to ambient during times when I desperately needed to switch off from everything, which was a hell of a lot when I was a workaholic in a bad relationship.  I don't have those problems any more, but I still occasionally like to punch up some GOL, Future Sound of London or Boards of Canada from time to time.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:52 pm

Jordan wrote:I playing a 70's disco gig in a couple of month that I'm really excited for, just because I've never had the opportunity to play a full set of it.

I've always been a bit daring a played a bit of Nina Simone - Sinnerman, or some Chic in there, but a full 2 hours of disoc. Can't wait!

Glad you like the mix Blue, it gets heavier as you get into it and a lot more house/techno stuff.

I love my ambient stuff too Leo, Morcheeba - Big Calm was an amazing album. But I really like Nightmares on Wax and the likes. Kind of downtempo, hip hop, ambient stuff. Bliss for when you're hungover.
In the late 80's, me and my best mates older brother did some shebeens/parties in Longsight. We bought 2nd hand Technics mixing decks from Jonny Roadhouse on Oxford Street in Manchester..

I had a DJ friend from Wythenshawe who I bought 12' off when he had finished with them after his club nights - Owen...(shit my memory is crap). Used to buy all our records from Russ at Eastern Bloc.....then I'd rush over and we'd spend hours trying to mix/scratch.......great days.

I think Eastern Bloc is still going, but has moved.

Oh.....and Jordan......absolutely love your mix mate...........it get's better and better...can I download it for my car???
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:55 pm

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:Name the different genres and when they were introduced.....just to see how music is cyclic and difficult to come up with new genres.
I think we just had a golden era of musical styles borne out of the rock and roll revolution of the late fifties.  From that we got splinters of pop and rock which filtered through the sixties, leading through to disco and punk in the seventies, then all the subcultures in the eighties, drifting into the house/garage/rap/ambient of the nineties.  But it was manufactured pop from the 80s that became the real moneyspinner, which is pretty much where we're at now.  But what never ceases to amuse me is the look on my kids' faces when I spot a riff in something they're listening to and play the song that donated it.

Jordan wrote:I love my ambient stuff too Leo, Morcheeba - Big Calm was an amazing album. But I really like Nightmares on Wax and the likes. Kind of downtempo, hip hop, ambient stuff. Bliss for when you're hungover.
I always listened to ambient during times when I desperately needed to switch off from everything, which was a hell of a lot when I was a workaholic in a bad relationship.  I don't have those problems any more, but I still occasionally like to punch up some GOL, Future Sound of London or Boards of Canada from time to time.
But what never ceases to amuse me is the look on my kids' faces when I spot a riff in something they're listening to and play the song that donated it.

Yeah......do that on occasions.....they look at you like it's brand new!!Neutral
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:00 pm

Yep, nothing is new these days. Everything has evolved from something else, the majority of house derives from funk back in the 70's etc. Techno comes from house from Chicago and Detroit which then evolved in Europe...and so on!

It's free download mate, just click the down arrow I think it is. (I can't check exactly as the bastards have banned Soundcloud in work)
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:03 pm

blueboy wrote:To start - 50's - Rock n Roll

then go after that..
Crikey, I'm not sure I could go that far back, to be honest.  All I know from that era is that Rock n Roll spawned the Beatles and led to a split between classic 60s pop, the progenitors of rock music and that weird psychedelia phase.

I can sort of trace the rock thread through Prog Rock, which I think was late sixties, then that spawned Glam in the early seventies.  Glam speared off into Metal and Punk in the late 70s, then Punk split into New Wave and New Romantic in the very early 80s.  New Romantic went on to become the glampop stuff, where New Wave spawned Electro and Darkwave.  Electro then went to hip-hop, house, garage, acid and so on, whereas Darkwave went on to become Goth, then Industrial and coming to rest at the Emo and Screamo stuff we have now.

As for the other routes, I'm buggered if I know.  I always preferred less mainstream music.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:07 pm

blueboy wrote:Yeah......do that on occasions.....they look at you like it's brand new!!Neutral
I know!  I remember my eldest, several years ago, was listening to the Busted version of Teenage Kicks.  I started singing along with it, like you do, and she looks at me and says, "How do you know this song?"  I played it for her later that day and her face was like this:  Shocked
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:08 pm

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:To start - 50's - Rock n Roll

then go after that..
Crikey, I'm not sure I could go that far back, to be honest.  All I know from that era is that Rock n Roll spawned the Beatles and led to a split between classic 60s pop, the progenitors of rock music and that weird psychedelia phase.

I can sort of trace the rock thread through Prog Rock, which I think was late sixties, then that spawned Glam in the early seventies.  Glam speared off into Metal and Punk in the late 70s, then Punk split into New Wave and New Romantic in the very early 80s.  New Romantic went on to become the glampop stuff, where New Wave spawned Electro and Darkwave.  Electro then went to hip-hop, house, garage, acid and so on, whereas Darkwave went on to become Goth, then Industrial and coming to rest at the Emo and Screamo stuff we have now.

As for the other routes, I'm buggered if I know.  I always preferred less mainstream music.
Well you know more than me.....I wasn't testing you...just seeing if we can identify anything over the past 25 years that is original.....i guess all music has it's roots to a certain point in time...and anything that people think is new...really isn't as it's just a plagiarized version of the past.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:09 pm

leopold wrote:
blueboy wrote:Yeah......do that on occasions.....they look at you like it's brand new!!Neutral
I know!  I remember my eldest, several years ago, was listening to the Busted version of Teenage Kicks.  I started singing along with it, like you do, and she looks at me and says, "How do you know this song?"  I played it for her later that day and her face was like this:  Shocked
Hmm....kids...they think they invent everything! Guess we did at that age...
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:10 pm

Who's the vocalist and the track at 33:00 Jordan?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:13 pm

Clocking on at 57 minutes on Jordan's mix.  This needs to be played in a chill-out room in a nightclub, as opposed to my living room, which is just chilly...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:16 pm

blueboy wrote:Hmm....kids...they think they invent everything! Guess we did at that age...
The difference being, we DID go on to invent everything!  Everything they use now, in fact Very Happy
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:17 pm

Don't any of you guys like banging music?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:19 pm

leopold wrote:Clocking on at 57 minutes on Jordan's mix.  This needs to be played in a chill-out room in a nightclub, as opposed to my living room, which is just chilly...
I'm in my cosy office at home, a few logs in the wood burner...headphones on......it's brilliant!!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:21 pm

Topdawg wrote:Don't any of you guys like banging music?
I listen to a lot of heavy techno and house. You can't really get much heavier than industrial techno in Berghain. (Berlin club - a must Google).

When I was DJing in Ibiza, the residency we had there was techno, so it was good to play a few hours of that stuff.
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:26 pm

Who is that vocalist/track at 33mins?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:30 pm

I'm on 55mins...and it takes me back to Ibiza 89!! Pacha, Space.....girls from Brum!!!!! Happy days - sleeping on the beach as we had no hotel - and my mate getting his wallet stolen! No money, bar work in Playa d'en Bossa to pay for 4 nights accommodation!! Brilliant!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:33 pm

blueboy wrote:I'm on 55mins...and it takes me back to Ibiza 89!! Pacha, Space.....girls from Brum!!!!! Happy days - sleeping on the beach as we had no hotel - and my mate getting his wallet stolen! No money, bar work in Playa d'en Bossa to pay for 4 nights accommodation!! Brilliant!
Great story. I actually spent 4 months in Ibiza DJing at Es Paradis and Ibiza Rocks, boat parties etc in 2010. Amazing times. It was a killer coming back though and trying to get in the swing of things again after spending your days lay on a beach and your nights sweating in a club.

I'll get that track over to you when I get in. I can't remember exactly which track is then. What are the lyrics? It may be Dance Me by Lukas, Waifs & Strays?
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:39 pm

I like head banging music.  Spent half my life in Jillys in my early twenties.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:08 pm

leopold wrote:
I'm sure she had a great time as well Leo...Razz
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:17 pm

Jordan wrote:
blueboy wrote:I'm on 55mins...and it takes me back to Ibiza 89!! Pacha, Space.....girls from Brum!!!!! Happy days - sleeping on the beach as we had no hotel - and my mate getting his wallet stolen! No money, bar work in Playa d'en Bossa to pay for 4 nights accommodation!! Brilliant!
Great story. I actually spent 4 months in Ibiza DJing at Es Paradis and Ibiza Rocks, boat parties etc in 2010. Amazing times. It was a killer coming back though and trying to get in the swing of things again after spending your days lay on a beach and your nights sweating in a club.

I'll get that track over to you when I get in. I can't remember exactly which track is then. What are the lyrics? It may be Dance Me by Lukas, Waifs & Strays?
Starts off with a guy saying..."yeah, yeah, i want you to...., crowd in the background.....i want you to dance...down girl....down, down....is the background beat part of it?...chek a boom bah boom...wanna get naked girl....then fades out at 35 mins into another track
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:25 pm

Ah yes, it's Doorly - I Want You To Dance.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gv1ymEwfBCc
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:44 pm

well, i'm 2 mins off the end and.......it's been a great listen, the last mix at 1hr:38 was a little sloppy....but still some really good tunes!
Cheers mate....
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Jordan Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:16 pm

Cheers dude, glad you liked it. I will send them over in future, just never thought they'd be anyones thing on here. Normally do one every 3 months.

PS I agree with the last mix, I wanted to finish on a nice tune but it just didn't fit. Totally out a key. One Okish mix out of 20 astounding ones though..I'm happy with ha!
Jordan
Jordan
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:27 pm

blueboy wrote:
leopold wrote:
I'm sure she had a great time as well Leo...Razz
A gentleman never tells... Wink
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 pm

Vitaa was absolute Europap !
Diggin the Stromae track. Good vid. There is a reason why the French language and songs dont often lead to worldwide success though

Got through an hour of Jordan's mix. Pretty impressive
but am bored now & off to listen to some proper music like The Roses Cure Radiohead & Muse
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:57 pm

The Cure - haven't listened to them in years. Brilliant.

France is a bit funny in that some artists figure in the top 40 several time. Eminem is in there twice (as well as no.1 with Rihanna), Lady gaga is in there 3 times, Stromae twice, Britney twice and Maitre Gims twice.

Couple more from Stromae...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S_xH7noaqTA 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcbesBYEcLE

1st one is very big over here and the 2nd features a top french comedian. I really like the music on this one.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:25 pm

Still stuck in my youth
Was blasting out Moving Pictures by Rush on the way home
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Nov 21, 2013 8:36 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:Still stuck in my youth
Was blasting out Moving Pictures by Rush on the way home
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by titbumwilly Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:37 am

I seem to be wandering up a different musical street to most of you here.
Been obsessed with music for as long as I can remember. Started by seeing The Jam in Findsbury as a 16 year old, and just got drawn in from there.
Got sent a tape (yes, that's how old I am) of Richard Searling's northern soul show around 1981/2 and that's been a passion ever since. Still buying vinyl to this day, and would dread to think what I've spent over the years!
The kids introduce me to new stuff these days, and particularly like Alabama Shakes and Scroobius Pip.
Favourite gigs have been The Jam (obviously), The Redskins at Canterbury Uni, Luther Vandross (stunning vocals), Wilko Johnson earlier this year, Echo & The Bunnymen in 1984 (and again a couple of years ago in Brixton), Style Council in Rotterdam, Nine Below Zero, and so on and so on!
Saw The Mondays this week in Herne Bay, and that was funny as fuck! My missus and Bez seemed to have a dancing thing going on (lucky for him she didn't drag him off stage).
Favourite artists include Small Faces, Ronnie Lane, Prince, anything involving Paul Weller, Pete Molinari, Rita Pavone, Jacques Dutronc, Chairmen of the Board, Dusty Springfield, Echo & The Bunnymen, Undertones, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, White Stripes, Dr Feelgood, Bowie, Elvis, Frankie Beverley, etc.
Recommended listening:
Rita Pavone - Gira Gira / La Sai Troppo Lunga
Nino Ferrer - Mirza
Carstairs - It Really Hurts Me Girl
Candi Staton - Now You've Got The Upper Hand
Pete Molinari - Out Of The Wilderness
The Jam - Strange Town
Ronnie Lane - The Poacher / Kushty Rye
Jacques Dutronc - Le Responsable
Dusty Springfield - Breakfast In Bed
Kirsty MacColl - England 2 Colombia 0
Scroobius Pip - Death Of The Journalist
Alabama Shakes - Hold On

Sorry, I do go on a bit where music is concerned!

titbumwilly
titbumwilly
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:12 pm

titbumwilly wrote:I seem to be wandering up a different musical street to most of you here.
Been obsessed with music for as long as I can remember. Started by seeing The Jam in Findsbury as a 16 year old, and just got drawn in from there.
Got sent a tape (yes, that's how old I am) of Richard Searling's northern soul show around 1981/2 and that's been a passion ever since. Still buying vinyl to this day, and would dread to think what I've spent over the years!
The kids introduce me to new stuff these days, and particularly like Alabama Shakes and Scroobius Pip.
Favourite gigs have been The Jam (obviously), The Redskins at Canterbury Uni, Luther Vandross (stunning vocals), Wilko Johnson earlier this year, Echo & The Bunnymen in 1984 (and again a couple of years ago in Brixton), Style Council in Rotterdam, Nine Below Zero, and so on and so on!
Saw The Mondays this week in Herne Bay, and that was funny as fuck! My missus and Bez seemed to have a dancing thing going on (lucky for him she didn't drag him off stage).
Favourite artists include Small Faces, Ronnie Lane, Prince, anything involving Paul Weller, Pete Molinari, Rita Pavone, Jacques Dutronc, Chairmen of the Board, Dusty Springfield, Echo & The Bunnymen, Undertones, Otis Redding, Sam Cooke, White Stripes, Dr Feelgood, Bowie, Elvis, Frankie Beverley, etc.
Recommended listening:
Rita Pavone - Gira Gira / La Sai Troppo Lunga
Nino Ferrer - Mirza
Carstairs - It Really Hurts Me Girl
Candi Staton - Now You've Got The Upper Hand
Pete Molinari - Out Of The Wilderness
The Jam - Strange Town
Ronnie Lane - The Poacher / Kushty Rye
Jacques Dutronc -  Le Responsable
Dusty Springfield - Breakfast In Bed
Kirsty MacColl - England 2 Colombia 0
Scroobius Pip - Death Of The Journalist
Alabama Shakes - Hold On

Sorry, I do go on a bit where music is concerned!

Saw Vandross at Wembley Arena 88/89.....agree, unbelievable vocals.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next