Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 5 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
why we really need to win the title this season EmptyToday at 7:08 pm by shakencity

» Have it - Four in a row
why we really need to win the title this season EmptyToday at 12:39 pm by titbumwilly

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
why we really need to win the title this season EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
why we really need to win the title this season EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
why we really need to win the title this season EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
why we really need to win the title this season EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
why we really need to win the title this season EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
why we really need to win the title this season EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
why we really need to win the title this season EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
why we really need to win the title this season EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

why we really need to win the title this season

4 posters

Go down

why we really need to win the title this season Empty why we really need to win the title this season

Post by Topdawg Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:12 am

If we fall down now, we'll be known as chokers and that will affect the players next season if we are in a similar position.

It will also make it easier to attract the top players without having to pay too much over the odds. Players who were wondering whether we had it in us to be challengers for the league and champions league would be convinced of our credentials. FA cup and third place was very good, but top players want to see that we are challenging for the title.

If we win it this season, we will win it next season.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

why we really need to win the title this season Empty Re: why we really need to win the title this season

Post by leopold Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:31 am

I'll tell you another reason why: We'll never see United, Chelsea and Arsenal with teams as weak as this for a long time. We got off to a flying start and we should have it in the bag. Next season, I see all three of those sides bolstering their teams and unless we find a way to do the same, we're going to miss out on a golden chance to nick a title.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

why we really need to win the title this season Empty Re: why we really need to win the title this season

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 13, 2012 6:12 pm

This will be an opportunity missed - i agree, but we have had some 'excuses' along the way - ACON, sendings off that weren't etc........but i agree with your point about other teams - they will improve - but so we will i think.

Better coverage at CB & LB, another creative midfielder and another good striker to replace Tevez if he leaves.

On the other hand - do we really need pace on the wings? Bale, Walcott type of players.

Johnson for whatever reason, really isn't taking the opportunities this season to really push for a permanent place - i'm not sure Mancini really rates him.

2nd will be an improvement on last season - but i agree, too many slip ups after the start we had.

What worries me is this: We don't win the PL or progress to the final of the EL.....i really think the owners will sound out Mourinho and Mancini will be sacked if the vibes are positive from him.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:15 pm

we already have nearly as many point as last season, so we can see the improvement there.

we really do need pacy, tricky wingers. mancini relies on our full backs for width, but we also need dribbling skills on the wing.

robben wouldn't be such a bad shout at the reported £10M.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:37 pm

If, and it is a possibility now, the Spuds don't get a CL place, is a cheeky bid for Bale not worth a go......could even use Ade as part of the deal.

I agree with all the above posts fellas, all valid points. I really do think 2 or 3 new faces next season WILL make the difference, as i think we're gonna fall just short this.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:41 pm

shakencity wrote:If, and it is a possibility now, the Spuds don't get a CL place, is a cheeky bid for Bale not worth a go......could even use Ade as part of the deal.

I agree with all the above posts fellas, all valid points. I really do think 2 or 3 new faces next season WILL make the difference, as i think we're gonna fall just short this.

Shaken - i think you're right - but regardless of whether we win the PL or not - a Bale bid is a MUST IMO.

Tat's why i am desperate for Spurs to finish outside of the top 4 and Arry to go......Bale will be pissed off.....let's get him and RVP if Tevez goes!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:53 pm

BB, so your team for next season is:

Hart
Richards, Kompany, Lezza, Clichy
Silva, Yaya, Hazard, Bale
RVP, Aguero
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:09 pm

Pretty close that Dawg.

Hart

Richards
Kompany
Lescott/Vetonghen/Pique
Clichy/Marcelo

Yaya

Hazard/Robben
Silva
Bale

Aguero
RVP
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:21 pm

Definately no Lescott or Robben in my team, i'm having Ronaldo on the right wing Wink . Rest of your team looks pretty good though blue.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Mar 13, 2012 8:54 pm

i was all for clichy joining, but he isn't good enough for me. decent defender, but makes too many mistakes. can't cross for toffee.

i don't want the ladyboy in our team
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down