Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 19 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 19 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptyToday at 3:45 pm by Nijinsky

» Pep’s at it again
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Engineer ! My arse

+7
shakencity
titbumwilly
Paulpowersleftfoot
blueboy
Topdawg
leopold
TMG
11 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 Empty Engineer ! My arse

Post by TMG Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:13 pm

First topic message reminder :

Couldn't engineer his way out of a paper bag Embarassed
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Engineer ! My arse - Page 2 Empty Re: Engineer ! My arse

Post by Topdawg Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:27 pm

If this carries on much longer, ultimately won't be far away. It's no use crowing about getting through the group stages of the CL (in the weakest group we've ever been in) and then bollocksing up the league. Stoke maybe should have beaten us. Hull had two glorious chances to score and could have beaten us. Newcastle were shit when they played us as were Utd. Chelsea aren't pulling up trees either. Norwich were all over the place and West Ham are at the bottom.

Let's be honest here, we've not looked good enough most of the season.

Anyone that wants to argue, go and watch the Bayern highlights...

Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by bellyblue Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:55 pm

Bayern made Barca look bad last season, we could of got something out of that game but for 2 Joe Hart mistakes. Ok would of clouded over a bad performance because they was the better side until we brought on Silva.
I think M.P needs time to clear out who he wants and bring in his own... January will/should tell us what he's about and who he can attract?? IMO Dzeko, Richards, Kolorov, Garcia, Rodwell and Lescott should be replaced for starters. Thing is will he have enough time and backing with recents results?
bellyblue
bellyblue
Youth Team
Youth Team

http://bellytheblue@gmail.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:15 am

Come on Belly, Bayern could have scored 10. Hart's mistake started the beating, but we escaped with only 3 goals against us.

It's not just about shipping out players and buying new players. There is a weakness when teams attack us, especially on the break.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:20 am

Bring back Mancini bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:47 am

The sad thing is Den, I was thinking how many points would Bobby have had out of the games we played so far and I think it would be more than we have now. We'd have the same home record but would not have let in 3 goals against Villa and Cardiff for starters. We may not have won many more away games, but I'm sure we wouldn't have lost 4, maybe 2 tops. I reckon we'd be 1st or 2nd.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:56 am

After reading the shinanigans of last nights reports i thought i might stoke the fire again.Laughing 

We'd definately be a damn sight higher, that's for sure Dawg.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:42 am

No no no!
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:48 am

I don't want Bobby back. I want this guy to succeed, it may just take a little more time than I expected. Succeed doesn't mean winning the title every season, but it also doesn't mean losing 4 out of your first 6 away matches against poor opposition.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:10 am

We've brought in a new manager and subsequently been hit with our worst run of injuries to key players since we were taken over by Frank.  We've lost a few matches on the road and suddenly it's all doom and gloom.

We're only six points off the top, with 27 matches remaining.  Yes, we may be 8th, but Newcastle are 10th and only 8 points from the top, the league is really compressed at the moment and a couple of results either way and it all changes.

And we're through to the next round of the CL.  Okay, so it's not as tough a group as we've had previously, but I'd say it's still not as easy as the one the rags have got and they've still not got through their group yet.  And with two wins from away games, too.

This is just teething issues.  I'm not going to start worrying about this.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:16 am

I'm a little worried because it's the same thing over and over again.

Do you think Spuds will come to our place and attack us? They'll stick 9 men behind the ball and hit us on the break. We're stronger at home against this system but we can't win every game at home can we?

If we don't win against Spurs then we should be properly worried.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:30 am

I agree Dawg....and that was my point about possession...it means nothing having 75% of the ball.....and the opposition score with 25% of it.

It's the set-up of the team and tactics which is disappointing. If you keep the ball and continually pile forward at teams like Sunderland...they will just sit back and put 9 behind the ball. If so, then a change needs to be made in personnel and tactics.....it may mean going 3 at the back and adding Dzeko up front with Negredo and Aguero and getting the ball into the box. Ugly, but sometimes necessary. Or draw them out by sitting a little deeper....something!

In addition.....chopping and changing the defence, surely cannot help stability at the back.

I also agree that in some of those away games, we didn't play particularly well - Cardiff and Stoke...Hull we weren't great.

I don't know....it's not good.

Melton mentioned FFP....I'm still confused how Chelsea get around it.....Falcao now on Jose's radar for Jan....another £60m.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:38 am

blueboy wrote:I agree Dawg....and that was my point about possession...it means nothing having 75% of the ball.....and the opposition score with 25% of it.
I'm definately not goin back reading through everything, but with regards the above, we still had 24 shots and 14 corners to their 4 shots and 0 corners. The fact that of those 24 shots only having 4 on target may have something to do with the final score.

Sure it was a poor overall performance but we still can't say we didn't have enough chances to win the game......the frustration from all this is we didn't.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:50 am

Aren't we shit from corners?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 am

Yes, we are.

As much as I dislike criticising Silva, he just can't take a corner to save his life.  He rarely gets it past the first man.  Nasri and Milner are better and can get the ball into a good place to score from, but then we've got nobody willing to get on the end of them, because we usually rely on Richards or Lescott to get to them and neither are getting games lately.

We definitely need some practice taking corners.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:08 am

shakencity wrote:
blueboy wrote:I agree Dawg....and that was my point about possession...it means nothing having 75% of the ball.....and the opposition score with 25% of it.
I'm definately not goin back reading through everything, but with regards the above, we still had 24 shots and 14 corners to their 4 shots and 0 corners. The fact that of those 24 shots only having 4 on target may have something to do with the final score.

Sure it was a poor overall performance but we still can't say we didn't have enough chances to win the game......the frustration from all this is we didn't.
Would the 4 on target be the fact they were blocked by 8 defenders in the box? Like I said, I didn't watch the whole game....just saw the highlights on the mcfc website...and that was pretty much one sided viewing.

I suppose the shots can be misleading as well.....not many looked like clear, clear chances....more of a shoot in desperation. Saw Kolo's screamer...which on another day, may have broke the back of the net...and Aguero should have buried his header...but apart from that, I can't remember too many clear cut chances.....I may be wrong.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:46 am

There weren't too many clear cut chances. Sunderland scoring first was always going to be difficult as even with a change of system, there was no way they were going to be drawn out. I do feel a bit sorry for Pellegrini in that regard, if the ref had given the foul against Milner and sent Larsson off then it probably would have been a very different result.

That is no excuse though, we still need to find a way of getting past these teams. For me, I like the fact that we are playing a high press and see that as the future model we will employ. We have a few players that don't suit that model though and it shows. Toure on his day is immense, but without the ball and playing two in midfield, we really are exposed in the middle when he doesn't have Fernandinho or Barry alongside him. His inability to press was part of the reason Barca moved him on.

I still see this as a long term change though. At the start of the season, I said on ja606 that I see the transition we are going through to be equally big as the one United are, but for different reasons. We are completely changing our style of play, something they aren't at all. That is far harder to do than just one or two personnel and takes time.

There is still a lot to remain positive about though. Despite how shaky the defence is, we are still conceding the fewest shots on goal than any other team in the PL. That to me says that we are controlling games but allowing the opposition one or two very easy chances every game. That is a lot easier thing to remedy than if we were under the kosh every game.

I completely get the disillusionment at the moment, a lot of it for me is down to the communication that came out of the club in the summer, rather than temper expectation, they increased it and I think that was the wrong thing to do, for this season at least. Pellegrini said about the 5 trophies in 5 years that that might not mean any for the first year, but more in a longer timeframe, but that got glossed over in favour of the "if we don't win anything, it's not good enough" headlines that came out.

I still look back to his time at Madrid though. He had the exact same issues at the start of his tenure with them as he changed their style of play and when it clicked, they went on a run and amassed a record points score.

If we finish outside of the top 3, then we have underachieved this season. I'm not going to start being overly critical or too questioning until we at least get to January though.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:54 am

meltonblue wrote:There weren't too many clear cut chances. Sunderland scoring first was always going to be difficult as even with a change of system, there was no way they were going to be drawn out. I do feel a bit sorry for Pellegrini in that regard, if the ref had given the foul against Milner and sent Larsson off then it probably would have been a very different result.

That is no excuse though, we still need to find a way of getting past these teams. For me, I like the fact that we are playing a high press and see that as the future model we will employ. We have a few players that don't suit that model though and it shows. Toure on his day is immense, but without the ball and playing two in midfield, we really are exposed in the middle when he doesn't have Fernandinho or Barry alongside him. His inability to press was part of the reason Barca moved him on.

I still see this as a long term change though. At the start of the season, I said on ja606 that I see the transition we are going through to be equally big as the one United are, but for different reasons. We are completely changing our style of play, something they aren't at all. That is far harder to do than just one or two personnel and takes time.

There is still a lot to remain positive about though. Despite how shaky the defence is, we are still conceding the fewest shots on goal than any other team in the PL. That to me says that we are controlling games but allowing the opposition one or two very easy chances every game. That is a lot easier thing to remedy than if we were under the kosh every game.

I completely get the disillusionment at the moment, a lot of it for me is down to the communication that came out of the club in the summer, rather than temper expectation, they increased it and I think that was the wrong thing to do, for this season at least. Pellegrini said about the 5 trophies in 5 years that that might not mean any for the first year, but more in a longer timeframe, but that got glossed over in favour of the "if we don't win anything, it's not good enough" headlines that came out.

I still look back to his time at Madrid though. He had the exact same issues at the start of his tenure with them as he changed their style of play and when it clicked, they went on a run and amassed a record points score.

If we finish outside of the top 3, then we have underachieved this season. I'm not going to start being overly critical or too questioning until we at least get to January though.
Some fair points there Melton. I think the whole 5 trophies in 5 years - new style of attacking football comments...hyped it a little.....the BM game though for me, as good as they were - MP sat there just like Mancini, and did nothing until it was too late....and for all of his 'engineer' title...I thought that was a little disturbing, especially after his CL experience, which he was brought in for it seems.

One thing - watching the highlights, I didn't see Milner complaining too much after the 'foul' on him..he just seemed to stay on his knees with his head bowed after they scored....and again, not sure, but what I saw as the players walked off at half-time, didn't see any players having a go at the ref.

mcfc never showed the tackle...so can't comment on it. May have to watch the whole game as I recorded it.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:01 pm

Have to be honest with the Milner foul blueboy, I though he went down too easily and was looking for the foul , something he does a bit too often for me. They are normally still given though.

The Bayern game, I agree. The annoying thing with that was we looked so much better when Silva came on and could have gone into the last five minutes at 3-2. He said afterwards his hands were tied due to silva coming back from injury, he still could have shored up the midfield though.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:08 pm

meltonblue wrote:Have to be honest with the Milner foul blueboy, I though he went down too easily and was looking for the foul , something he does a bit too often for me. They are normally still given though.

The Bayern game, I agree. The annoying thing with that was we looked so much better when Silva came on and could have gone into the last five minutes at 3-2. He said afterwards his hands were tied due to silva coming back from injury, he still could have shored up the midfield though.
Agree - we suddenly came to life with a less defensive formation....all if's and but's i guess.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:17 pm

I thought Bardsley just wanted the ball more than Milner,not seen a replay but that's how it looked from the cloud view
I feel we are fortunate to still be involved in talk about the title as we could well have been 10 or more points behind Utd or Chelsea if they had started well.
Don't for a minute think we'll win it this year but we need to see some sort of understanding from the squad that they have some direction. Certainly don't want to hear anymore nonsense from Pellegrini about how unlucky we've been away with regards possession and shots on target.We deservedly lost at Cardiff and Sunderland no matter what the stats say.
The chopping and changing is one of the real issues,if we are trying to bed in a new system then keep as many playing together as injuries permit so they get acclimatised with it.
Case on point was the Newcastle cup game,if Boyata isn't in any long term plans then why play him,it's far more important for a regular back 4 to get used to the high line in a competitive situation than on the training ground
Very underwhelmed with it all so far,just hope we start to see some basic understanding soon
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:31 pm

Paulpowersleftfoot wrote:I thought Bardsley just wanted the ball more than Milner,not seen a replay but that's how it looked from the cloud view
I feel we are fortunate to still be involved in talk about the title as we could well have been 10 or more points behind Utd or Chelsea if they had started well.
Don't for a minute think we'll win it this year but we need to see some sort of understanding from the squad that they have some direction. Certainly don't want to hear anymore nonsense from Pellegrini about how unlucky we've been away with regards possession and shots on target.We deservedly lost at Cardiff and Sunderland no matter what the stats say.
The chopping and changing is one of the real issues,if we are trying to bed in a new system then keep as many playing together as injuries permit so they get acclimatised with it.
Case on point was the Newcastle cup game,if Boyata isn't in any long term plans then why play him,it's far more important for a regular back 4 to get used to the high line in a competitive situation than on the training ground
Very underwhelmed with it all so far,just hope we start to see some basic understanding soon
Again...can't argue with any of that. There's only 2 things that concern me....the constant switching around of defence - and then we keep conceding and the argument is we were the better team...if this was a one-off game, fair enough....but it's the same old comments made after another defeat....and still the same changes will be made in the future.

The other is the way we play away from home.

I don't know what the answer is - as you would expect away teams to set up like Sunderland did when we play at home.....

I'm still of the opinion, that if he wants to play a high pressing line - do away with 2 DMF's. Play a 4-1-3-2.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by meltonblue Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:01 pm

I think playing Fernandinho alongside Yaya does that blueboy, he's capable of getting forward and playing some very good balls himself (I actually think they are both very similar players).

I just don't think our squad depth is as good as some think it is, just one or two first teamers out and we seem to struggle.
meltonblue
meltonblue
Bench Warmer
Bench Warmer

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:28 pm

meltonblue wrote:I think playing Fernandinho alongside Yaya does that blueboy, he's capable of getting forward and playing some very good balls himself (I actually think they are both very similar players).

I just don't think our squad depth is as good as some think it is, just one or two first teamers out and we seem to struggle.
I think that's true when we are at home....away though, as mentioned by somebody else, I just don;t think Yaya can press players like Fernandinho, Milner or Rodwell.

Therefore, he get's bypassed too easily and struggles to get back.

That's why I think if we played one sitting - i.e. Fernadinho/Rodwell/Milner (not Garcia!!)...Yaya can be further up the pitch, at least making it a bit more difficult and supporting others in attack. At least he would give us more height in the box for any crosses.

At home....you're right, I think they both take turns going forward as he have so much possession and seem to play with a greater freedom.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2