Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
This is how worried we've got them EmptyToday at 8:49 am by Jwils2710

» So, it's another last day shoot out.
This is how worried we've got them EmptyFri May 17, 2024 5:36 pm by Topdawg

» Today's game
This is how worried we've got them EmptyThu May 16, 2024 1:25 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
This is how worried we've got them EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
This is how worried we've got them EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
This is how worried we've got them EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
This is how worried we've got them EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
This is how worried we've got them EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
This is how worried we've got them EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
This is how worried we've got them EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

This is how worried we've got them

+4
Paulpowersleftfoot
Topdawg
blueboy
ManCityMan
8 posters

Go down

This is how worried we've got them Empty This is how worried we've got them

Post by ManCityMan Sun Feb 02, 2014 12:12 am

The big three PL teams, Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool are appealing to UEFA to ban City from next years Champions League competition because they have failed to comply with the FFP rules.
The 3 sneaky back stabbing teams are worried that their status quo in the top money spinning European competition is under threat and are conspiring with each other to try and scuttle City's chances next year.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=rivals+ganging+up+to+ban+city&client=win8searchapp&hl=en-GB&rlz=1W6_____en___GB552&v=1.2.1.12&biw=1366&bih=672&site=webhp&source=univ&tbm=nws&tbo=u&sa=X&ei=sY3tUuGTJo66hAeChoCgAw&ved=0CCoQqAIhttp:
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

This is how worried we've got them Empty Re: This is how worried we've got them

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:57 am

Yep. Shitting themselves...wouldn't mind, but Chelsea???? Razz 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:04 am

It's all being cranked up against us which is a good and bad thing.

Good that everyone is shitting themselves, not just in England but in Europe too. We are getting better and better in attack and winning games handsomely. We've been putting our competitors in England to the sword in most cases (Spurs, Arsenal and Utd have had their arses well and truly kicked). With a couple more quality defenders and maybe a quality DM, we'd be a serious challenger for the CL.

Teams can't beat us on the pitch so they try and beat us off it. They can't catch us now, how will they catch us after a summer of spending getting the re-inforcements we need to take us to another level. If this fella Malanga is the real deal, we could get him and Shaw for about £60-£70M and get Fernando on a free. I'm sure all of us would agree that that would take us to another level defensively and improve us as a whole. Well, maybe Den wouldn't agree!!!

It's also a bad thing that whatever we do we are going to be challenged by other clubs. UEFA can't really do anything but the other clubs may put pressure on them the same way the French clubs threatened Monaco with expulsion. In the end, Monaco paid 50M Euros to keep their tax exempt status. Could we get the scenario where Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs etc. band together to kick us out of the PL? I doubt it but if they could, they would.

All this ratcheting up of the pressure for Monday night. I sincerely hope Pellegrini can handle this as well as he appears to be. It reminds me a bit of Enemy of the State where Gene Hackman's character is cool and calm until he goes potty over his missed income and pension!!! I hope MP remains calm rather than let Jose under his skin.

We really do need to beat Chelsea on Monday, I'll take a scrappy 1-0 but I wish for at least 3 clear goals. Lose to Chelsea and Mourinho will always beat Pellegrini with that stick.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/exclusive-manchester-city-facing-new-threat-of-european-expulsion-9101725.html
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:21 am

First City discussion on Sunday Supplement..... £233M on wages, is it really fair play?

Bog off!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:37 am

Custis being his totally wanker self saying City don't care about bringing English youth through and he doesn't buy into the myth of the campus.

At least Henry Winter stood up for City arguing against him.

The thing that grates me is some of the shit sticks.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:32 am

Come on....it's their job Dawg.

We can't get away from the fact that we have spent a lot of money....I'm sure you heard the comments at the end about how City hierarchy don't want any negative publicity, what a brilliant job MP has done, and how they have tried to 'get him' to say something, but he just won't - so much so, hardly any press turn up to his press conferences.....and if true, then MP's personality his absolutely top notch to avoid negative publicity.....if all the press can go on about is 'wages', when we have just posted our financial accounts.....then so be it.

After this week.....nobody will be talking about it, it'll be old news. On to the next thing/story they can get some mileage out of.

I know it's frustrating, but at least they acknowledge just how good the team are playing and what a great job MP is doing....the rest? Not arsed.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Paulpowersleftfoot Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:40 am

Pellegrini just shows what a class above the likes of Jose and the increasingly irritating wenger in that he doesn't have a go at other clubs
Paulpowersleftfoot
Paulpowersleftfoot
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:45 am

I like Pellers because he says nowt!
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:00 pm

It's all a smokescreen. Chelsea only qualify for immunity from FFP because they made the teensiest amount of profit the year before last, otherwise they'd be up for scrutiny too. Arsenal and Liverpool are grasping at straws. And even though they're not mentioned, I'll wager United would wade in as well.

Funny how nobody is questioning the VFM of the rags' new kit deal. A billion dollars for a team that might not even qualify for the CL? And if (when) it goes through, they'll just hoover up four hundred grands' worth of talent and we're all back to square one. I can't see what's different, frankly. Maybe the Sheikh should hand over the club for a dollar and then become a sponsor...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Sun Feb 02, 2014 9:23 pm

It's utter bullshit, I'm pretty sure the top brass at City have everything under control....and if they haven't, they should be sacked.

How do the likes of PSG, Monaco and Real Madrid not get brought up?

I'm sure we'll be fine.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 02, 2014 10:05 pm

Exactly, PSG and especially Monaco are complete jokes.

Lets sponsor ourselves £500 million over 4 years, nobody will notice, but if they do we just get Platini to smooth it over.

They can gang up all they want, can you just image all the legal challenges if they tried to kick us out. It's not like we are going to be asking for legal aid is it?

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:15 am

Martin Samuel has his say:

If you can’t beat them, sue them. That is the latest plan. Arsenal, Liverpool and Chelsea may use UEFA small print to derail Manchester City, if they fail to do it on the pitch.

Were City to fail UEFA’s financial fair play regulations, there is room to plea bargain, to promise to make good, to affect change by a certain time, and remain in the Champions League.

Yet if that happened, there is also a 10-day period in which other clubs can challenge the decision.
The suggestion is now that the English clubs would gang up on City and try to force UEFA to reconsider. Manchester United would be part of this too, no doubt, if they were in any position to contemplate Champions League football next season.

So let’s start with what is not Manchester City’s fault. It is not Manchester City’s fault that Arsenal, with immense financial resources, chose to recruit one player in the transfer window: Kim Kallstrom, a 31-year-old loan deal from Spartak Moscow, who turned up seriously injured. It is not Manchester City’s fault that Chelsea had to sell last year’s player of the season, Juan Mata, to Manchester United for £37million.

It is not Manchester City’s fault that Liverpool have failed to win the title in the modern era, despite spending significant money on players ranging from Phil Babb to Stan  Collymore, Emile Heskey, Djibril Cisse, Fernando Torres, Luis Suarez and Andy Carroll — all of whom have  been club-record signings since the formation of the Premier League, and about two of whom have lived up to expectations.

Finally, it is not Manchester City’s fault that, due to the arbitrary and misapplied nature of UEFA’s financial regulations, an expansion project that would have proceeded steadily had to be hiked up to ramming speed to get inside the fortress before the established elite raised the drawbridge.

In every other aspect, City are attempting to build from the roots up: academies, facilities, local regeneration. They are giving more back to the area of east Manchester than they have ever taken out.

The reason hundreds of millions had to be spent on players, however, was that Michel Platini came up with a plan for greater financial responsibility and then executed it so poorly that any team beyond the upper echelon was likely to remain so for ever.

City had to smash their way in or risk exclusion. This was Platini’s doing, not City’s choice; just as it is to please UEFA that balance sheets now have to be so expertly constructed.

Football club accountants must be more creative than coaches these days. The current complaints centre around vague calculations in Manchester City’s latest figures — image and  intellectual property rights have been sold to an unnamed party for close to £50m, allowing the club to cut its losses by almost half - but they are unlikely to be any more brilliantly  conceived than Chelsea’s profit  of £1.4m to June 2012, with Roman Abramovich also converting £166.6m in loans to equity.

If it wasn’t so unjust it would almost be comic that Chelsea are among  the most vocal objectors to City’s  business strategy. Financial fair play was introduced as a way of stopping Abramovich, and other new money investors, buying up the prizes.

Having hijacked the idea and manoeuvred Platini into  turning it into an elite-club protection scheme, to hear his minions pontificate on FFP compliance is a bit like watching the Corleone family trying to go legit, but without the inevitable bloodbath.

Last week, without naming names of course, because  everyone knew whom he was talking about anyway, Chelsea  manager Jose Mourinho spoke of investigating the clubs who are complying with FFP in what he termed a ‘dodgy’ way. ‘If I was a journalist interested in  football, it would be something  interesting to do,’ he said.

So let’s get interesting.

In the eight seasons prior to that profit in 2012, Chelsea lost £630m. In 2009, Abramovich wrote off £710m in loans he had given the club since 2003 (this does not include the £166.6m  figure converted to equity last year). Since 2012, Chelsea have lost another £49.4m, compared to Manchester City’s £51m. Maybe they sold the good accountant to Manchester United, too.

And do you know what? It shouldn’t matter. As long as a very wealthy man is giving his money to a football club — and not placing it in jeopardy, or holding it to ransom with loans — what is the problem?

This is money from  outside football coming into football. It creates competition and trickle-down benefits and, as no investor wants to be putting in forever, in time they all try to run the business for a profit anyway.

It wasn’t fair when UEFA were moaning about Abramovich either. Indeed, the only  reason Chelsea’s losses are of interest now is their hypocrisy in attacking City for doing exactly what Abramovich did, except with the good fortune of not having UEFA on his back at the time.

Abramovich threw money at Chelsea because he wanted to — City bought players because they had to. There’s the difference.

Now, remind us all again, Jose, what’s dodgy?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 am

As they say in Italy, cunta costa
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:19 am

blisteringblue wrote:It's not like we are going to be asking for legal aid is it?
We'd probably pay the Bosman lawyer a squillionty quid to organise a crack team of the world's greatest lawyers and just walk into the court like that scene from Reservoir Dogs. No, I don't mean the one with the ear...
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:21 am

leopold wrote:
blisteringblue wrote:It's not like we are going to be asking for legal aid is it?
We'd probably pay the Bosman lawyer a squillionty quid to organise a crack team of the world's greatest lawyers and just walk into the court like that scene from Reservoir Dogs.  No, I don't mean the one with the ear...

New thread........what scene would it be like?

"You want truth? You can't handle the truth"......what film?
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:26 am

Jack Nicholson....
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:27 am

As Henry Winter said on Sunday Supplement yesterday, he's backing the billionaires' lawyers over those from UEFA.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:28 am

God, i really hope we batter Chelsea tonight.....can't wait for the Jose whinge afterwards (if he turns up that is)  Laughing  Laughing .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:52 am

lets get a dodgy penalty & they get one sent off, Then a 90th minute goal just to add insult to injury. Then prepare for the whinge!!!!! I can hear it now? it's not fair  This is how worried we've got them Icon_mad blah blah blahThis is how worried we've got them Icon_sadThis is how worried we've got them Icon_sad
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:54 am

Topdawg wrote:Jack Nicholson....

cheers 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by ManCityMan Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 pm

I like that article by Samuelson, top bloke in my eyes cheers
ManCityMan
ManCityMan
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:08 pm

ManCityMan wrote:I like that article by Samuelson, top bloke in my eyes cheers

You Japanese? Samuel Son....

Martin Samuel.... Razz 

Yeah, agree, you know if he writes something, then it's been well thought out and is generally impartial.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:31 pm

The downside to Samuels is that he writes for the Fail. There's been many a time when they don't even let my comments go up because they are well thought out points against Samuels. I hate that pre modding.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:14 pm

Ok this thread has gotten me temporally out of lurking mode. The key phrase is this “Were City to fail UEFA’s financial fair play regulations” the whole point is that City have every chance of passing FFP by the letter of the law (obviously not the spirit) and the wonderful irony of the whole thing is that if the rags fail to qualify for CL a couple of the seasons in a row half of the Asian fan base will desert them and sponsors will start to pull the plug then FFP will come to bite them in the ass cos the only way stars will join is if they pay massive fees & huge wages.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:31 pm

Strange Blue wrote:Ok this thread has gotten me temporally out of lurking mode. The key phrase is this “Were City to fail UEFA’s financial fair play regulations” the whole point is that City have every chance of passing FFP by the letter of the law (obviously not the spirit) and the wonderful irony of the whole thing is that if the rags fail to qualify for CL a couple of the seasons in a row half of the Asian fan base will desert them and sponsors will start to pull the plug then FFP will come to bite them in the ass cos the only way stars will join is if they pay massive fees & huge wages.

Come on SB...don;t sit in the background.....join in.....we all give opinions, some more than others get shit from certain members( I do -Razz ....but its all good fun)....but it'd be great to hear some more of your thoughts.

I agree by the way....IF, the rags don;t get a CL spot this season, they will HAVE to spend masses of money in the summer to make sure they get it next season...and would you trust Moyes with £200m?

If next season, they didn;t qualify again...it'd be nothing short of a catastrophe for them.....here's hoping!!
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Strange Blue Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:09 pm

Cheers BB, £200m should be enough to buy Gollum another couple of Everton players. Watching the Rags in decline is almost as much fun as watching City this season. Would be great if Everton nick 4th place and the rags finish 6th if we win one of the cups 6th would still win them a Europa league spot right? Would love to see them play a lot of pointless games against say the faroe islands before crashing out mid-way.
Strange Blue
Strange Blue
Regular Starter
Regular Starter

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:32 pm

Europa League would be nothing short of a brilliant result for us if the rags were left to a Thursday night of travel after travel!!  cheers 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down