Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 11 Guests

None

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
City want Luke Shaw EmptyToday at 1:49 pm by skyblueoz

» Pep’s at it again
City want Luke Shaw EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
City want Luke Shaw EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
City want Luke Shaw EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
City want Luke Shaw EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
City want Luke Shaw EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
City want Luke Shaw EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
City want Luke Shaw EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
City want Luke Shaw EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
City want Luke Shaw EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

City want Luke Shaw

5 posters

Go down

City want Luke Shaw Empty City want Luke Shaw

Post by shakencity Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:09 am

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/26/luke-shaw-manchester-city-manchester-united-chelsea

I personally think we should go all out for this lad.....and sell Clichy to fund some of the deal.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

City want Luke Shaw Empty Re: City want Luke Shaw

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:49 am

Agree
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:43 am

Well, it's about damn time we put in a bit of interest for the lad! And perhaps Clichy going the other way.

Isn't it funny how Clichy is the one we want to go, though?  Last season, we'd have all been asking for Kolarov to be the one to make way.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 9:50 am

Personally, I still think Clichy is a better LB than Kolorov.

Hope he plays on Sunday against Johnson.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:04 am

Up until recently, I'd have agreed with you, Bluey. But on recent performances, I'd say Kolarov edges it because he's got more attacking potential.

In any case, I think Clichy would be an easier sell, especially if he's used as a makeweight, because he's technically a homegrown player. We'd probably make more from him than Kolarov.

And I know this is a crap reason to keep a player, but I like Kolarov's dry humour in the videos.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:12 am

I get what you are saying Leo...and agree with everything. However, I think you hit the nail on the head when you said 'attacking potential'....he does have a better cross than Clichy and can take free kicks. He just isn't very good positionally when it comes to defending, though to be fair....he has definitely got better this year and is probably more consistent than Clichy.

My fear is Johnson against Kolorov.....if Kolorov gets caught out of position, which invariably does a few times a game, it means our CB's coming across to cover him....I just think in certain games, against certain players, Clichy offers a little more stability at the back.

To be fair, I wouldn't be bothered which player left if it meant we got Shaw.

And i too, like his dry sense of humour in the videos...
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:29 am

Yeah, Kolarov against Johnson won't be pretty for us to witness and I too think Clichy would be better. But there again, I'm not sure who Shaw is more like, Clichy or Kolarov. If he's more secure positionally, then Clichy is the more likely to give way. If he's out of rank too much, then Kolarov would be the one to make way.

But there is another school of though: We have a decent enough right winger in Navas, so how about we keep Kolarov anyway, but have him as a left winger? We could use them in a 4-5-1 formation against teams that deploy a compact defence.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by Mainerdwasmychurch Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:31 am

MP has had kolorov playing in that position recently Leo.....maybe he has cottoned onto the fact kolorov can't defend for shit...

Mainerdwasmychurch
Youth Team
Youth Team

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 10:41 am

Yeah....I think we've seen him recently, especially on as a sub, being used as a LMF....

I think Shaw is quite attacking as well, but is also solid at the back, with lots of energy....

Let's get him first!! Very Happy
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

Dont agree. Clichy is a far better LB than Kolorov so we should buy Luke Shaw and keep Clichy as back up.It's defenders we need !
Kolarov is good going forward and can put the occasional decent cross in but he is not a good defender
Admittedly he has been much better this season but I still dont rate him

We dont need to keep him as a MF player as we have far better options & surely there are better options in the transfer market if we need a left sided MF player
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by leopold Thu Feb 27, 2014 11:01 am

Yeah, he's been played there a few times, which is what made me suggest it to be honest.

Shaw sounds like a left sided Zabaleta, so I say we go grab him! If we win a domestic treble, we'll be a far more enticing proposition than Chelsea. I don't think the rags stand much chance the way things are and Shaw won't turn down CL footy if it's on the table, I'm sure.
leopold
leopold
The Boss
The Boss

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:01 pm

Yeah, but will Clichy be happy to be used as a back up....probably not, whereas Kolarov is one anyway.

As reagards the Kolarov v Johnson scenario. Fuck me, if we have to worry about a one-trick pony winger, then we might as well call it a day now.
All he has to do is keep him out wide and on his right foot....it's that simple.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:04 pm

shakencity wrote:Yeah, but will Clichy be happy to be used as a back up....probably not, whereas Kolarov is one anyway.

As reagards the Kolarov v Johnson scenario. Fuck me, if we have to worry about a one-trick pony winger, then we might as well call it a day now.
All he has to do is keep him out wide and on his right foot....it's that simple.

Funny how defenders still get caught out...if it's so simple. It's not so much the fact of Johnson 'running' at Kolorov....it's running beyond and behind him into space that concerns me. Clichy has decent recovery speed, Kolorov doesn't.

Still, I guess you're right...if we keep the ball and play to our capability, Johnson shouldn't see much of it...in theory! Very Happy 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Tbh blue, Johnson will probably be used on their left anyway.....so zab'll have him for brekkers.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Feb 27, 2014 12:15 pm

shakencity wrote:Tbh blue, Johnson will probably be used on their left anyway.....so zab'll have him for brekkers.

Let's hope so...
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down