Bluemoon Legends
Hi there fellow Football lover! Welcome to 606 Bluemoon Legends Forum. Have a good time and any problems, let me know.

Kindest regards
Leopold
Bluemoon Legends
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Who is online?
In total there are 11 users online :: 1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 10 Guests

skyblueoz

Most users ever online was 441 on Sun May 22, 2011 10:20 pm
Latest topics
» 23/24 Prediction League
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptyYesterday at 4:13 pm by atlblue

» Pep’s at it again
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptyFri Apr 19, 2024 7:39 pm by Topdawg

» Nijinsky tips
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptySun Feb 11, 2024 12:08 pm by Nijinsky

» I can't believe it
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptyMon Feb 05, 2024 11:11 pm by titbumwilly

» Today's game
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptySun Jan 14, 2024 11:04 am by skyblueoz

» Happy christmas Blue Moon Users & Guests
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptyMon Dec 25, 2023 8:30 am by shakencity

» Bloody Rubbish
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptySun Dec 24, 2023 4:08 pm by skyblueoz

» World Cup Final
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptyMon Oct 30, 2023 11:21 am by shakencity

» The Man City Academy - What' the point?
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptyFri Sep 22, 2023 4:02 pm by lee1pen

» Transfer business - good or bad?
Transfers and Luke Shaw EmptyFri Sep 08, 2023 3:44 pm by Nijinsky

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Transfers and Luke Shaw

+2
Topdawg
blueboy
6 posters

Go down

Transfers and Luke Shaw Empty Transfers and Luke Shaw

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:13 am

If you read all the papers, they claim it's odds on for Luke Shaw to join United.

Rumours are the cost is in the region of £30m + £100k pw and that Chelsea won't pay that much.

My point here is this. How can United, in the position they now find themselves in, get to the head of the pile on Shaw?

Now, I know it sounds like a lot of money for a LB....it is, however, I'm sure it may not be exactly £30m, probably slightly less and £100k is nothing for a player costing that amount of money, 18 yr old English LB who will probably go to the WC this season.

Why are we not ensuring he comes to us? He's a Chelsea fan, but if he's happy to join United and move to Manchester - why not us?

Is MP not interested? Does he have his eye on someone else for LB? Is he happy with what we've got there?

I really do hope we've already identified who the manager wants and are already working towards getting them signed before the WC.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Transfers and Luke Shaw Empty Re: Transfers and Luke Shaw

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:51 am

I want Shaw to come to us. He's young, full of potential, already delivering and English. Maybe his worry will be the amount of games he'd get as he may well be first choice at Utd. with Evra leaving at the end of the season.

I daresay he'd be first choice with us too and we usually play about 50 competitive games a season so he'd get his fair share anyway.

We tend to win something most seasons, so he'd almost guarantee himself some silverware. We'd also offer CL footy next season rather than hoping to get in the season after next.

Even without sky blue tinted specs, we are the best choice for him.

I haven't been happy wit MP these last few months. Too many mistakes. Let's hope this isn't one of them.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:56 am

It really does depend on Pellegrini's thoughts about the left back position. we see it as spot which can be improved, does he ? The only certainty this transfer window will be a central defender or 2 & a def mid which will replace Gaz Baz  as I think Rodwell will be sold.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:10 am

My worry is that MP/Trixi etc. won't buy English players (or enough quality ones).

Why can't we just go Shaw, Lallana, Barklay, Stones, we're having you guys?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:30 am

Shaw and Barkley should be sought after imo....and we've enough on the fringe to ship out, cash in and swap with to balance the books. Unfortunately, i don't see any movement with any of these 2 and we'll keep what we have.....especially at LB.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:32 am

If Everton get CL, it'd be hard to get anyone from them. If Sinclair, Lezza, Barry, Rodders, Wright and Micah all leave, we'll buy some English players for sure.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:37 am

I know this wouldn't happen but i'd love aj back. for all his faults he could beat a man & score some decent goals. To think we sold him & bought Sinclair!!!!!!!!!
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:41 am

skyblueoz wrote:I know this wouldn't happen but i'd love aj back. for all his faults he could beat a man & score some decent goals. To think we sold him & bought Sinclair!!!!!!!!!

If we buy AJ back i'm getting my deposit for my seasonticket back  Mad .
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:45 am

We just sold one underperforming player and brought another in Sinclair. AJ turns it on from time to time, but never enough for a top club. There was talk of him for England after he had had a few decent performances and, once again, he's slipped away.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 24, 2014 11:56 am

I spent 5 mins writing some comments on this, thought I'd posted it and its vanished! So, a synopsis of what I wrote:

Luke Shaw - he is a far better LB than we've got with Clichy and Kolorov. He's 18, English and going to the WC...and will only get better.
£30m is a lot of money, however, £100k pw isn't a massive amount and with the likes of Lescott and Barry off the wage bill, maybe Rodwell sold with Sinclair....I'd definitely  try to sign him.
Alternatively, to save on that outlay, we could bring Rekik back for nothing. He plays at LB and left CB so could provide extra cover.

CB - yes, this is the biggest area of concern. I think Mangala will come and the deal may be sorted before the WC. With Lezza gone and Nasty back fit, DeM and Nasty can support Vinny and Mangala. We still have Boyata, though he's not great, that would give us 5(6) CB's which should be more than enough.

RB - is a problem. We need some serious cover for Zaba. Boyata ain't great playing there and Richards would be decent cover, but wants to leave as he wants to be first choice - so that means replacing him like for like/cost for cost...or spending more money.

Now, for the defence, in Jan I kept posting about Sergio Ramos. He wouldn't cost what Luke Shaw would and can play anywhere across the back 4 as he has done for Real. He's still in his prime and has masses of experience in the CL...something we definitely have lacked this campaign. Another option and will allow more flexibility.

MF - Rodwell I agree, will be sold and with Sinclair going and Barry off the wage bill, we can afford to strengthen again in this area. Maybe Fernando from Porto will come with Mangala and he won't cost us the earth and can play in a holding role?

I see that Christian Tello is available from Barca for £8m. Young kid full of promise and lightning quick left winger. Another cheap option and can score goals.

That leaves Dzeko. We have a target man in Negredo who is better at holding the ball up and better in the air - so I'm not worried about 'the tall striker' option if he leaves.
I think with Jovetic looking like he may turn out to be a decent player from what little we've seen and Aguero staying, another top class striker wouldn't go a miss.
Diego Costa doesn't look like he is going to Chelsea, so maybe he's another option? Hard working, unlike Dzeko and definitely a goal poacher.

With that, I can't really see us doing any other business but maybe adding some EDS players to the first team squad.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:05 pm

so with that synopsis blue where do we stand on home grown players?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:42 pm

I'm not sure Oz tbh.

This season we have used 21 players. Of those, Hart, Rodwell, Clichy, Richards, Lescott and Milner are HG. Barry was on loan with Sinclair so didn't play.

We are allowed 17 non HG players over 21.

If we keep Hart, Milner and Clichy, add Rekik, Boyata, that means a squad of 21....that's assuming Rekik and Boyata are classed as HG....I'm really not sure if they are.

That's why City want to keep Richards...but if he leaves, maybe we keep Rodwell and don't sign Fernando, freeing up a place for a CB or RB.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:59 pm

I agree with most of that bluey, but you don't think Costa is gong to Chelsea? Maybe Roman wants Cavanni, but JM wants Costa.

We need a better LB and a top class CB. Malanga looks like he's coming and Shaw would be great at LB. If Everton fail to get CL, maybe we could get Baines. Sure he's nearly 30, but he also has a wealth of experience and may worry about never playing CL footy. He'd be good for 3-4 years.

Rekik or Ramos as cover. I can't see Dedryck staying and he doesn't look good enough to stay.

I'd like Barklay to come as well as Sinclair, Garcia and Rodders to go. Lallana would be a decent option too. I'm looking at British options as much as possible. For Lallana, it'd be a step up though he'd play fewer games. He's only 27 so a good few years left in him.

I want Dzeko to go. He's not good enough and reliable enough, though the rumours of a new contract aren't filling me with hope.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:00 pm

Deadly Deryck is HG I think. I also think Rekik has been with us long enough to be HG.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:15 pm

That's why I suggested Ramos. Due to the fact that he can play anywhere across the back 4, he'd be more than capable at LB, score goals at set pieces and is a very good defender. He could easily switch to RB if Zaba was injured or needed a rest and is a more than capable CB.
He played last night and played really well...kept Bayern to zero goals and that was playing with Pepe!

With Mangala, that could mean we could cover all options in defence with Lezza, Boyata and Richards gone. He mentioned earlier this year that the PL would be an exciting challenge, and with the Spain players and Spanish speaking contigent here already, he could settle in no problem and masses of experience.

blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:54 pm

If we wanted Mangala and Ramos, we'd have to shift (or not include in the 25 man squad) a non HG player.
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Garcia.
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by Topdawg Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:14 pm

He'd have to agree to leave. Who is going to pay his wages?
Topdawg
Topdawg
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by blueboy Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:23 pm

Kolorov then....he's had suiters across Europe...there's always someone...Dzeko for Rooney??? Embarassed 
blueboy
blueboy
Legend
Legend

Back to top Go down

Post by TMG Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:28 pm

I watched Mangala recently and he was terrible
No better than DeM so that wd b another shit signing
TMG
TMG
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by shakencity Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:00 am

Kin el....let um offer it and see where they get.

I'd personally only want Shaw, but that's on the understanding we can offload Clichy in the opposite direction as part of the deal....keeping Kolarov as back-up, that way it shouldn't cost us too much.

This ain't gonna happen anyway...MP'll no doubt stick with what we have.

Oh, and imo, we definitely don't need Lallana.
shakencity
shakencity
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonchester Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:11 am

Messi and Ramos in..
Rekik back..
Clichy, Boyatta, Lescott, Garcia, Barry, Richards, Dzeko, Rodwell, Guidetti out..

Promote a couple up from the EDS,

maybe look at Baines or Shaw if price is not stupid.
Lallana not really needed.

We would be many more millions better off this way even if Messi cost £250m..
Moonchester
Moonchester
Key Player
Key Player

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:33 pm

9 out & 3 in moony even if we promoted from the eds there is no strength in depth. Got a few no's for wanting aj back. was watching some 2011 & 2012 footage he certainly knows how to go past players score goals & set up chances. his only fault I could see was his inability to concentrate for 90 mins.  Tracking back putting in tackles etc.

When you look @ Navas he has speed. Cant beat the full back so crosses not delivered his goal scoring is average his tackling back is better than aj but do we want that from our winger, I would rather he be creating not defending. in summary in my opinion aj back.
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by skyblueoz Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:40 pm

Just read on the bbc that les reed director of Southampton has stated we definitely do not intend selling our best players we intend to make sure they see out their contracts. He also catagorically states their has been no contact with any club for any of their players. So if the daily fail is telling the truth, big if I might add, then are uniturd tapping up players?
skyblueoz
skyblueoz
Cult Hero
Cult Hero

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down